Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Really? So you *can* use Skype, MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, AIM, ICQ etc while browsing multiple webpages with music running in the background? If so, those keyboardless fans may be interested in a jailbroken iphone.
lol just google 'iphone' + 'what you want', the iphone has a very large community with millions of stuff.

i tell people everyday when they ask what phone i should get. for an average techi user i just tell them to get an iphone and thats that. easy ,simple and idiot proof.

would rather have the n900 for myself. love this baby to death but i really want MeeGo

Posts: 188 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Tex14 View Post
one thing i also noticed on iphone....when u zoom the image sharpness maintained....not so on N900
This is most likely due N900 having high resolution display, so you see the picture in full without zooming, so zooming in is having to interpolate pixels, as iPhone with low res can zoom more as only a little part fits on the screen at once.

If you use high-quality image you can see N900 zooms in just fine.

cell-modem-ui: home | packages - status: 0.5.1-1 in Extras
nowplayingd: home | packages - status: 0.1-2 in extras-devel
custom-pwkmenu: home - no packages yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuminoid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
lol just google 'iphone' + 'what you want', the iphone has a very large community with millions of stuff.

i tell people everyday when they ask what phone i should get. for an average techi user i just tell them to get an iphone and thats that. easy ,simple and idiot proof.

would rather have the n900 for myself. love this baby to death but i really want MeeGo
You probably missed word while from previous poster?

Originally Posted by Tex14 View Post
one thing i also noticed on iphone....when u zoom the image sharpness maintained....not so on N900
Heh.. Probably because of high resolution. Do not zoom images taken from N900 own camera. Load something that you can first check on your desktop machine as high resolution picture and then load it to N900 and zoom. Blockiness what you are seeing is because of N900 high resolution

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by slender View Post
You probably missed word while from previous poster?

what??? lol

this is my previous post you might have also missed.

The Iphone acctually does have Mutitasking with 'ProSwitcher' once you jailbreak

I have seen it in person and it works really really well. it doesnt pause the app. I really hate the iphone, i love my n900 but i love the apps on the iphone and hate the crappy amount of apps on the n900.
Attached Images

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Let me get this straight - you really want an OS that doesn't yet exist, that might take a year or two to see it on a consumer product, that might come with some fugly UI (Maemo 5 UI is actually one of the best out there even if somewhat rough on the edges), and that, dispite all, once out will be probably available in one form or the other for the N900 (and even if it won't, the core is the same and applications will be easily portable), and that's what stopping you from getting the N900 which exists and works NOW?

I'm sorry, but that's a bit like saying that you don't want i7 because Windows 10 might not be able to run on it...

Yeah, too bad you had to jailbreak your iPhone before you got any of the N900 features, and will always be chasing after updates. But to each their own, teenage girls love their iPhones.

The Following User Says Thank You to jflatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
didnt even bother reading the hole review... you fail from the beginning... iphone has multitasking?? but its slow?? its not multitasking.. its not even close to it.. multitasking is when i f.ex. are in the middle of downloading and installing an app in the application manager, at the same time im reading on a webpage in the browser... so while im reading im also installing something in the background at the same time. thus doong 2 tasks at once.. and therefor its called multitasking... try doing 2 tasks at once on iphone. you fail

what??? lol

this is my previous post you might have also missed.
No I haven't. I´m not interested in some pictures i´m just asking that:
"So you *can* use Skype, MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, AIM, ICQ etc while browsing multiple webpages with music running in the background?"
Nothing less nothing more. Yes or no?

sorry but news flash for you i had an iphone before then i switched to multiple phones and n900 has been the best so far. but anyways , once you jailbreak your phone your battery dies out even faster and soon enough you barely can hold a charge. it seriously sucks the life out of the battery and heats up faster... multitasking on that device just makes it heat up and by 1 hour you'll have like maybe only 1/2 batt life left. i recall my iphone couldnt even last a day after i jail broken it and had the juice sucked out of it. Then it also voids the warranty... have fun buy another iphones just to replace the battery while the for the n900, wahlahh 10$ battery on ebay solves it lol. but seriously... the iphone battery is a huge deal... it WILL die out on you.

The Following User Says Thank You to xKamaitachi For This Useful Post: