Poll: Meeting location
Poll Options
Meeting location

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
It is really exciting to see this taking shape! I'm sure that whatever comes together the participants will have a great time.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by jpilomia View Post
Hi,

Nokia Italy (together with Forum Nokia) is planning a developer event for ealry 2010, and I don't see why we can't combine those as things are still under definition. So once we have this critical mass I can take it up from the Forum Nokia side..
That would be great, are there more info on this event so that topics won't overlap ?

I don't know how Nokia and Forum Nokia are shaping it, but I am sure we can fit an Maemo track in it inside which we can have our own agenda similar to the one defined for Barcelona.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bs, Italy
great news!
how many people we need to consider us a right critical mass? just to move early to this target.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
The more the better of course. For the Barcelona week end the starting point was around 50...

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bs, Italy
just a question, i've many friend not involved atm in the maemo community, but interested in the event. How we can count them? we make them register? or we can simply collect their name on the wiki?

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Castello d'Argile (BO)
Originally Posted by netvandal View Post
How we can count them? we make them register? or we can simply collect their name on the wiki?
It could work, but we'd need a way to keep an eye on them: either adding the name of the member who added the entry on behalf of the interested person or listing some contact information (email, skype, whatever...), though this option means worrying about spam

I'd go for no.1... we can always backpedal if Nokia objects.

I'd really like to participate in such event!

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
That would be great, are there more info on this event so that topics won't overlap ?

I don't know how Nokia and Forum Nokia are shaping it, but I am sure we can fit an Maemo track in it inside which we can have our own agenda similar to the one defined for Barcelona.
Yes, that's the idea - after all we will probably have some sessions useful for all developers targeting Nokia platforms, and it makes all sense to have evenyone together, meet the local Business Development Manager, Nokia Italy guys to know the cool stuff coming from Italian developers...

So I'll connect the event organizers with this thread's organizer and let's see what will come out of it!

The Following User Says Thank You to jpilomia For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Every time I cruise New Posts and read the title of this thread

Maemo Italian Long Weekend

I feel like it's going to be about a film made in collaboration by Michelangelo Antonioni, Ingmar Bergman, and Alain Resnais.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
Every time I cruise New Posts and read the title of this thread

Maemo Italian Long Weekend

I feel like it's going to be about a film made in collaboration by Michelangelo Antonioni, Ingmar Bergman, and Alain Resnais.
Even thou I still didn't put my hands on a maemo based device ... i'd be glad to join in...
Rome would be the best choice...

Oh, btw, if time permits, I'd be glad to study/relate about the forensic implications of Maemo based devices (possibly versus Iphone devices).

How about that?

Manuele