- btw, i wish there was some way to collect a repository of working devices...

I had the same idea! Since none of my 'small' SD card THUMB drives work I am now looking for a good, compact single SD card reader. I'm sure others have found some that work.

I wonder if the mods know a way to craete a list by category that users can update here on ITT???

BTW, just saw a good price on a MicroUSB to standard USB cable from Newegg $2 + $5 S/H.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...rp.-_-12189164

I believe it is similar to the one that came with teh N810.

Derek

"I never generalise"

Something else you can try when attaching USB devices is to enter the command
Code:
lsusb
in an xterm window. This should list something meaningful for the attached device such as maybe its name or just an ID. It gives some idea that the device is found on the USB port even if it isn't talking to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to shenson For This Useful Post:
Hi guys,

may I ask a short question:

Did anyone already got an usb-webcam to work? It would be a great opportunity to use a higher-quality-model when you are at home ...

btw: what are the chances of using a webcam without a powered hub -> are there such models? if not, is there any-possiblity to buy some mobile powered hub, like a battery pack with an usb hub directly attached to it?

Regards

NTFS is not supported. Tried to attach my new Maxtor external harddisk.

NTFS would probably function if ntfs.ko is loaded, but you would have to recompile the kernel normally to get it. hfsplus works, but the problem is with the Mac partition scheme, which can't be fixed by loading any module. CD/DVD drives work with ufs and isofs installed with the extra SCSI drivers (usb uses the SCSI command set).

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by dfinch View Post
BTW, just saw a good price on a MicroUSB to standard USB cable from Newegg $2 + $5 S/H.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...rp.-_-12189164

I believe it is similar to the one that came with teh N810.
It is also slightly cheaper here
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6764
$4.66 + no shipping fees (but long delivery)

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Should we have a driver or something for our thumb drives? Why do we get thet error msg when connected?

Hi,

I tested it with an usb keyboard and a 7in1 card reader wirh 4Gb CFII card.

The keyboard works but it is an spanish layout keyboard and is working like a generic keyboard, i donīt know how to configure it but cotinue looking for this.

The card reader does not work yet

PS. Excuse my english but i'm not native

Last edited by Baranman; 2008-02-25 at 18:30.