Originally Posted by troubleshootr
Why Helsiki? Is Nokia based in Helsinki?

http://www.hel.fi/wps/portal/Helsink...=/en/Helsinki/

I
Yes. Nokia World Headquarters is in Helsinki Finland. And some people wonder why they use linux

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
The Nokia Research Center (NRC) is in Ruoholahti, Helsinki (about 2Km from the City center) - maybe this is where the OS and builds are being developed?

Many thanks for your help page - it allowed me to fix the problem last night

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Portland
Anyone have experiences with the new image & Bluetooth? (I've been away from the forum for a while, just discovered this thread.) I have been experiencing some "interesting" problems with my BT keyboard alone as well as interference between the keyboard & the keys on the Nokia. (I suspect I could fix the later with some hacking to the xkeymap file, but haven't had the time to poke into the problem.

If there has been no BT keyboard problems with the new image, I'm willing to try it. If not, then maybe I'll just hold off. Better the evil I know.

Geoff

Huzzah! The new image seems to have fixed the connection problems I'd been having in busy WiFi areas. Previously I was completely unable to connect using the network at my office (though my home router worked fine). With the new version, I got right on in one try. Now that really is a plus!

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
llywrch: Input seems a lot more responsive, though I could just be imagining it. No more pauses and missed characters. If the BT kb is going through the same channels, you might see a difference.

Oh no, the dreaded bug 329 - WIFI connection drops intermittently ( https://maemo.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=329 ) - appeared on my device after updating to this software update. WLAN connection just drops after couple of minutes inactivity, and yes, I have disabled power saving for WLAN. I wasn't experiencing this with 3.2005.51-13. Pity, otherwise device feels much snappier with the new firmware, but connection drops are so annoying, that I guess I have no other choice than downgrade to 51-13.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
I noticed problems, new to me, while browsing address www.savonsanomat.fi
Don't know if it is due to new image, but I no longer am able to scroll the page

Originally Posted by Hoot69
I gave up, and restored the December system...besides the clock screwup, I was consistently having problems with the News Reader not loading.
Same problem with the news reader.

But where can I download the 3.2005.51-13 version ?

Thanks.

Interesting -- for me this release was very, very bogus until after a couple of reboots.

At first, my bluetooth was completely haywire -- my phone is there, then it's not, then it wants me to choose a phone (again), then it's trying to connect to the phone for no reason, the DUN won't work at all, and file browsing only intermittently.

WEP connections wouldn't work for me, either. WPA ones did, though.

Now that I've struggled (and it was a weird, voodoo-ridden struggle) to set up all my stuff again, and rebooted a couple of times, everything is pretty normal. And faster, too.

C'mon, Nokia...it should be smoother than this...

Hi everybody,
I've downloaded the upgrade, backupped the existing settings, flashed the 770, restored the settings and everythings works nicely (bluth phone connect, WPA, swap on MMC card, ...) and faster than before. Thanks Nokia, now waiting for a better Opera release (or Firefox definitively) with complete java support.