Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Further delays, now due to the coronavirus outbreak in China. From the official newsletter:
I'm sure you are aware of the Coronavirus outbreak that is spreading through China at the moment, and if not here's a recent BBC news article which provides more information on the severity of the situation:

This will have a direct impact on our manufacturing and production capabilities, as the Chinese government has extended the Chinese New Year holidays until around the 9th February, and restricted public transport around the country as a precaution. This was officially announced by the Chinese Government on the 28th January. We are therefore unsure how soon, or if people will be able to return to work, as many factory staff will have travelled across the country to be with their friends and family for the New Year. This means that we cannot provide a guaranteed date to which the factory will be back up and running again.

I hope you can understand that this situation is completely out of our control, and until we receive further updates or clarity on the situation, we will have to delay our next batch of devices which were due to be shipped to customers the beginning of February.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
For those interested, here is an attempt to put together instructions for SFOS flashing/backup/restoration on the Pro¹, since they are otherwise lacking or spread across different forum posts.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
[Order #56XX] (February 28, 2019)
QWERTZ; EU
Paid: July 31th 2019.
No "stock assigned"
The Pro1 was delivered to me at January 29th. Too bad I had to leave to a business trip and had too little time to set up it yet.
So next week... No plan to run it with stock rom though but going to test with LineageOS and SailfishOS. Not sure in which order...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Then try LOS first.
If you "try" the SFOS port, there is no reason to look further

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
I wish there was a way to boot multiple OS's, like MultiROM on the Nexus 5. SFOS is great, but I'd like to play around with stuff like Maemo Leste as well without having to reinstall everything.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Münsterland, Germany
Regarding the shutter-button topic: Today I received an answer from fxtec support. The two-stage button seems to be very subtle. Even in the fxtec team not everyone can feel the two stages. In addition: The focus feature cannot be used at the moment, and shall be implemented in a future software release.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Just for shits 'n giggles I tried the Pro1 in the shower with a AquaPac: it's borderline useless because it doesn't have a resistive touchscreen like my CF-19 or N900.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I wish there was a way to boot multiple OS's, like MultiROM on the Nexus 5. SFOS is great, but I'd like to play around with stuff like Maemo Leste as well without having to reinstall everything.
So far, no multiboot effort that I know of (but I hope we will have it someday too), but there is still some hope regarding effortless OS switching: nspawn/LXC/chroot within SFOS, and both Leste and PostmarketOS should boot from SD when/if there are any Pro¹ builds one day.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Using N900 in shower? I had never thought that possibility.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit