I sure will. I can't wait. I've been wanting a keyboard since the 770.

[edited title to say N810 instead of N8100 LOL]

Last edited by rr0123; 2007-10-18 at 02:45.

There's an N8100? I thought there was only an N810!
What does the N8100 do? Satellite phone capability? Document scanning? Voice recognition?

Holy Christ! N810 and N8100 - two product announcements today!

Most likely not.

I've been happy with maemo mapper, mplayer, canola, sdict viewer, evince, fbreader, four rivers, and all the other developer efforts but i haven't been too pleased with Nokia, Skype (video???).

The lack of communication during the OS updates has been really frustrating. Granted I've only had the N800 for 6 months and I bought it when it was priced at $380, I can say I don't want to spend anymore money with Nokia. I don't regret spending the money on it since I've gotten good usage from my N800, but I don't want to commit to them unless they're committed to us. I still feel the N800 is underutilized in terms of video conferencing, web/flash browsing, java and the UI aspects.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Northern California
Hell no, I won't. That keyboard looks like it will be slower to use than the virtual one. The lack of SD slots is incredible. The price is too high. The screen is still unprotected. The camera's rotation problems were fixed by being removed completely. WTF, nokia?!

I am looking forward to seeing a video of someone trying to type something with the keyboard, I think it will be immediately apparent how bad it is. I am also looking forward to trying it myself in CompUSA or whatever store sells them near me, but no, I don't expect to buy one.

Are people here aware that the Eee PC will be on sale in two weeks? It doesn't really compare directly to the tablets, I realize, but it could definitely fulfill many of the tablet use-cases.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Herndon, VA, USA
I'm not planning on buying one, (I'm not it's target audience) but I'm very happy for it's release. Especially since it means an upgrade for my N800 firmware in the near future. 400 mhz here I come!

Also, this tablet gives many people what they've been clamoring for, a hardware keyboard. I've been fine using a BT keyboard the few times I've wanted more input speed. I do look forward to (hopefully) encountering more tableteers who finally hop on with the new hardware!

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
Originally Posted by finite View Post
Hell no, I won't.
That keyboard looks like it will be slower to use than the virtual one.
The lack of SD slots is incredible.
The price is too high.
The screen is still unprotected.
The camera's rotation problems were fixed by being removed completely. WTF, nokia?!
1. Looks. Don't knock it till you tried it, didn't your mama ever teach you that?
2. Incredible if you've actually bought 2 SD cards for your N800. I would venture to say that a large majority of N800 owners are either using the one that came with it, or have purchased AT MOST one card. Upping it to 2GB built-in out of the box will be a big upgrade for most Tablet users
3. The 770 debuted at $379 (or something around there), and the N800 debuted at $399. The N810 is $479, but also comes with the car mount in the box, a first for the tablet series. Perhaps it's ~$20 too high, but it's not outrageous, considering the line's history.
4. It's a touchscreen.
5. Do you really use the camera?

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by rcadden View Post
1. Looks. Don't knock it till you tried it, didn't your mama ever teach you that?
2. Incredible if you've actually bought 2 SD cards for your N800. I would venture to say that a large majority of N800 owners are either using the one that came with it, or have purchased AT MOST one card. Upping it to 2GB built-in out of the box will be a big upgrade for most Tablet users
3. The 770 debuted at $379 (or something around there), and the N800 debuted at $399. The N810 is $479, but also comes with the car mount in the box, a first for the tablet series. Perhaps it's ~$20 too high, but it's not outrageous, considering the line's history.
4. It's a touchscreen.
5. Do you really use the camera?
You just succeeded in making me more confused in choosing N800 or N810

I most likely will, depending. This will be my first tablet. I first got interested in it a few weeks ago when i saw an article on using it as an LinuxMCE Orbiter. The keybord don't bother me at all since i've use an even smaller one on my phone. Not to mention they still have the OSK, on the device. I've toyed around with the N800 at compusa a few days ago, but still, i'd like to toy around with the N810 before i decide. Even though i think the GPS will be the deciding factor, since i am a field engineer, and sometimes find myself in the most backwood of places.

I'll be getting it for certain.

I would like to see a video of the keyboard in use though.