Posts: 279 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade, Serbia
It would be great if you can somehow hack the n-gage app and port it to N900. I know that all nokia devices launched after 2010 won't have n-gage. But only until N900 gets more games. So, would you think about my advice?

EDIT: Pls don't be sarcastic.

Last edited by white_ranger; 2010-02-14 at 21:39.

n900 odesn't support ngage, how do you want them to hack it???

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Chicago, US
This is a great advice, I don't know why no one else ever thought of that.

/sarcasm

Well i heard that some hackers hacked the n-gage app to run on S60 devices that don't support n-gage. It has .sisx extension and installs like a normal app. So i taught if someone can port that app to N900. That way, we would be able to run n-gage games.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by white_ranger View Post
So, would you think about my advice?
Sure.
Would it be ok if you have it by tomorrow ?

Originally Posted by real_per View Post
Sure.
Would it be ok if you have it by tomorrow ?
LOL not funny at all. I'm just saying that because N900 doesn't have a lot of games. I said just think about it.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Denmark
True, true..

You should set up a think tank, to make sure that all your great thoughts gets organized.
I'm sure your big visions, and revolutionary ideas would be a tremendous contribution to the Maemo community.

WTF is wrong with you? I just gave the advice. If it's not possible, just say no. Don't be a smart *** pissing off people around.So shut the f..u..c.k up!!!!!

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Well the idea you are giving is nice in a way, but even though I do not call myself as an expert programmer I can see that the idea is not doable at all. Pretty much like asking your dishwasher to be a microwave (not really, but you get the point). So when you ask something like this, you will have to cope with the sarcastic comments.

So we would first require a symbian emulator of some kind on the n900 to run native symbian applications. Then we would require that said "hack" that enables any symbian phone to play the n-gage games. Not really worth the enormous effort.

The only really possible way to go here is to ask the developer of a said game to port it to maemo. I doubt they'll release the source code for the community to do the task. Without the source code of the game we can't really do anything.

The Following User Says Thank You to chainreaction For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chainreaction View Post
Well the idea you are giving is nice in a way, but even though I do not call myself as an expert programmer I can see that the idea is not doable at all. Pretty much like asking your dishwasher to be a microwave (not really, but you get the point). So when you ask something like this, you will have to cope with the sarcastic comments.

So we would first require a symbian emulator of some kind on the n900 to run native symbian applications. Then we would require that said "hack" that enables any symbian phone to play the n-gage games. Not really worth the enormous effort.

The only really possible way to go here is to ask the developer of a said game to port it to maemo. I doubt they'll release the source code for the community to do the task. Without the source code of the game we can't really do anything.
Thanks man. I'm a noob and don't know much about programming. But i have n-gage app in .sisx format. That's why i taught it is possible to port it to maemo. And i have almost all cracked n-gage games.

Tags
idiotic thread, s60 != maemo