Posts: 182 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Seatle, WA
some time my n900 hangs when say applying new theme or restarting hildon servies as tuning. I am attaching a screenshot of the same for reference.

only reboot solves the issue. Is there any work around for this?
Attached Images

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Have you overclocked or done any other 'low level' tweeks? What apps have you installed? Especially those related to kernel/speed up/tune up etc?

I have overclocked mildly, 500 to 805, smart reflex on, cggroup patch from one of the threads and swappolube.

have tons of apps, this happens probably with heavy i/o with theme changer changing theme.

I would disable smart reflex and try without it, it can cause severe instabilities.

The Following User Says Thank You to torpedo48 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by mehulrajput View Post
I have overclocked mildly, 500 to 805, smart reflex on, cggroup patch from one of the threads and swappolube.
I'd put money on one of these hacks/tweaks etc is the cause of your problem.

As to which one? sorry - my way of fixing would be to reflash and reapply the tweaks slowly, and monitor the 'performance' of each one. But that's a heavy handed approach.

But a wild guess - try turning smart reflex off and see if that fixes it. My N900 hates smart reflex....

The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
let me switch off the smart reflex and try it out. might be issue with that. though i can say it does improve my phone's battery life.