Active Topics

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
yep i also want the same functionablity of setting charge thresholds as i am going to use it as some kind of server have been serching everywhere . 1 for it
You will need shadowjk to show how to mod his charging scripts AND if you are running bme replacement you will need to know how that impacts those scripts, if they are at all applicable.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
You will need shadowjk to show how to mod his charging scripts AND if you are running bme replacement you will need to know how that impacts those scripts, if they are at all applicable.
i managed to get the dogy n900 back it needs a bit of work to be done and yep i installed replacement bme before good to know it is possible ..

bme, replacement bme, and charge*sh are all mutually incompatible with eachother.

In the script, the line
i2cset -y -m 0xfc 2 0x6b 0x02 0x8c;

Sets charge voltage to 4.20V, replace 0x8c with other values:
4.20 = 8c
4.16 = 84
4.10 = 78
4.00 = 64
3.90 = 50

Note, the charge meter detects "full charge" roughly as: If voltage is higher than 4.x, and current lower than Y, then battery has reached fully charged state. I forget what x and y are, but if I had to guess, I'd say 4.04 and 50mA.

If you set charge voltage too low, hw battery meter no longer works as good as usual. Also, as long as charge voltage exceeds battery meter's threshold, it will jump to 100% even when charging battery to less than 100%. In that case, after a calibration cycle, it would show that the battery's capacity is less than it was before.

As a side-effect of the N900 power topology, if you're charging the battery when the power consumption is high, the battery ends up with less charge than when charging an idle N900.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shadowjk For This Useful Post:
...er, that bright red capacity advertisement... I just wonder if estel's comment above applies

One just wishes....... imagine the dual battery life!!!

Good use of a 'droid
It applies, I have one of those batteries (exactly this kind - was in one of N900's I've bought). Relative capacity is indeed around 1300 mAh, which means Q10 one ("real" one) of about 1100 mAh. Sorry
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
[QUOTE=shadowjk;1416850]bme, replacement bme, and charge*sh are all mutually incompatible with eachother.

In the script, the line
i2cset -y -m 0xfc 2 0x6b 0x02 0x8c;

Sets charge voltage to 4.20V, replace 0x8c with other values:
4.20 = 8c
4.16 = 84
4.10 = 78
4.00 = 64
3.90 = 50

Note, the charge meter detects "full charge" roughly as: If voltage is higher than 4.x, and current lower than Y, then battery has reached fully charged state. I forget what x and y are, but if I had to guess, I'd say 4.04 and 50m .???????? Suppose i start with a reflashed n900 with pr 1.3 then what i have to do ?

Nothing, as reflashed N900 doesn't contain shadowjk's script

Otherwise, you need to stop BME and use his charging script, modified as per his instructions in the post you've quoted.

Or, better yet, pester Pali to include such functionality (enabled by gconf key or sysfs entry) in his BME replacement. Then it will become completely straightforward to enable.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
i have been trying to buy mugen battery for my device for the last 3 days but i must say i am really felling pi***d off now. if your shipping address is outside U.S you wont see state or province field in the address anywhere on their website and when you try to checkout through paypal it gives an error regarding address. you can see this in their website, set your location to any country except U.S the state field is missing and then change country to U.S and see the difference.First i thought it was related to poor rendering of the browser but i used every browser i had and result was same. but when i used opera on my n900 i was able to see the state field with an additional text area. And i used my debit card for payment but all i got was this """"""""We were unable to complete the payment.
Please try again"""""""". hell with mugen man i am having severe headaches.

Maybe it's for the better? Mugen batteries are overpriced, and have much less capacity that custom made dual-cell ones from this very thread
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 546 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ rack city
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Maybe it's for the better? Mugen batteries are overpriced, and have much less capacity that custom made dual-cell ones from this very thread
mugen is much better than the stock nokia battery i think even though its a bit expensive its worth a shot.

what the hell am i thinking you are right estel mugen batteries are way too overpriced and have less capacity.......

after all, the grapes are sour( i wasn't able to buy the battery even after trying for 4 days , i quit).

Were there any pictures of the external charging from mod 4? I'd like to make one myself, just unsure of what charges it.

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc