Active Topics

Originally Posted by Brock View Post
e.g. my n900 has german layout... and the arrow buttons for up/down are the same like left/right... and so its impossible for me to play some games because they use the english layout arrows... and that causes problems...
I have zero knowledge about programming, but I remapped my keyboard, so it could be resolved very easily, something in manner as Wlan Driver Selector Applet, easy switching (remapping) on and off.

Last edited by kolos; 2011-06-20 at 22:44.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Close to you
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
HW KB was first my man that would be working backwards for us hardware keyboard users
Maybe you will be up for a pretty good surprise in a few hours if Eldar was right about that 92000 Dali units being already done.
By the way Tissot said here all the people registered before last week on TMO would have a chance to get his hands on the Dali device...
Hope Tissot will be reading this if not now he will at somepoint and hold his word for it

Originally Posted by xxMurdakillxx View Post
The Dali is for a limited number of people with certain skills to help push the platform. Not for people that just like phones made by Nokia.
then stop whining most likely the ppl clamoring for the kb can and will get one without much hassle, chances are they program as well ... i dont know who youre talking about, but id err on the side of respect.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
it's taken me 13 hours and 25 minutes to finally get to the end of this thread. and i have to say it's been a journey. some things i've noticed along the way is the demand for hwkb and how some people are disappointed the consumer device is candybar etc. i like to live by the rule of trying before you knock it. iphone was announced and demoed, i listened, sounded amazing, tried it and realised it was terrible as a phone but great visuals compared to the rest of the market.
then came android, listened, tried and didn't like it. the point is i'm willing to give something a chance and be objective afterwards. some hwkb are terrible and completely unusable just like some touch screens.
you've nothing to lose by trying (maybe your pride) and maybe you'll like it.
and once nokia get back in the business of selling a lot of high end devices and large smart phone market share they can release niche phones, first comes mass market then comes other stuff.

EDIT:
i do think the main focus will be on S40 devices as they are simple to use, work, last long and loads of people use them as d2d work phones. and loads of people i know prefer them to smart phones.

Last edited by smegheadz; 2011-06-20 at 22:50.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Originally Posted by igguk1 View Post
Maybe you will be up for a pretty good surprise in a few hours if Eldar was right about that 92000 Dali units being already done.
By the way Tissot said here all the people registered before last week on TMO would have a chance to get his hands on the Dali device...
Hope Tissot will be reading this if not now he will at somepoint and hold his word for it
Could be but if its one thing I know it still is a BIG market for hw kb phones.

I need to replace my ram sparse e75 :O ...

too be fair i would happily go to the e7 and sell my n8 and get the n9(assuming the same optics in the n9

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Nokia confirms that its designs are awesome. AWESOME.

I do prefer my e75 for typing, the N8 is just too slow for touch typing. Same thing with the nexus - screen typing is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW..

The n9 can't change that ....

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
Originally Posted by Krustylicious View Post
I do prefer my e75 for typing, the N8 is just too slow for touch typing. Same thing with the nexus - screen typing is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW..

The n9 can't change that ....
yes it can. i don't know if it will but screen typing being slow is nothing to do with being touch screen. when my old pentium 100 win95 was clogged and crashing when i typed there was a delay of a few seconds and that was a hwkb incase you aren't old enough to know we didn't have touchscreen back then.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
sure.. and they will listen... but not listen to us, only listen to the sales... if N9 sales well, we could see a device with keyboard next summer... possibly...
Not interested in trickle down theories. Just want something that meets my needs. Basically a N900 with faster processor, more ram, bigger screen and some updated features. And most of all, support of this community. They are what made the n900 great. Not Nokia's support.

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland