Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Uhm, any change of uploading 2 or 3 picture wallpapers too? On the N900 you can use 1-4 desktops... Mainly to create a loopable background for 1, 2 or 3 desktops.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I have made some modifications to the code. You should now be able to upload 800, 1600, 2400 and 3200 and have them split.

I haven't tested it though, so good luck

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Those of you with N900s who prefer to get my wallpapers through a .deb package, which allows you to change all four desktop wallpapers in one swoop...

http://zerojay.com/misc/classic-gami....2-1maemo0.deb

Added the 4 wallpapers listed earlier in the thread. Enjoy.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
So, what do we exactly want for wallpaper package distribution?

As suggested, I've quickly hacked up a PHP script (which of course can be put online) that accepts 4 800x480 images and generates .changes, .dsc and .tar.gz files suitable for sending to extras autobuilder.

But, do we really want to fill extras with -wallpaper packages? Currently, it puts them in user/desktop category. I am sure theme makers are not gonna be happy.

Are sets of 4,8,10,... wallpapers per .deb package better?

Do we instead settle for an extra Wallpaper Manager app? A repo separated from extras?

Any ideas?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Personally, I know I will always want to bundle my wallpapers together (as I already have been doing) so this is less of an issue for me.. but still, I'd like to see some people with ideas about what to do.

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Do we instead settle for an extra Wallpaper Manager app? A repo separated from extras?
Very good idea! I am thinking of some app similar to the gnome art manager that allows you to browse/download/set wallpapers from online resources (n900wallpapers.com?).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to solideogloria For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by solideogloria View Post
Very good idea! I am thinking of some app similar to the gnome art manager that allows you to browse/download/set wallpapers from online resources (n900wallpapers.com?).
My idea exactly!

Originally Posted by Mandibela View Post
My idea exactly!
I hope the site starts allowing you to upload .desktop files then so that you can keep your full panoramic wallpaper together.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Ideally the site would create the .desktop file for you.

An app such as the gnome art manager for accessing this site would be great.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
I think people should just visit that website (N900wallpapers.com) and select the wallpaper(s) they want to use... IMO, anything else is just a waste of time and space... I mean, I don't think people changes wallpaper every day and want to have hundreds of them on their device... at least, I wouldn't do that.
In the mood of changing images? a check on the website, and I'm done
themes require an installation instead, so it's a different matter. wallpapers just need a download and "set as wallpaper" selection..

I agree though on a serie of wallpaper packs from time to time, of, lets say, 1000 wallpapers each (hosted somewhere else for bandwidth?), for those which want them all locally without too much work.

just my opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to thecursedfly For This Useful Post:

Tags
backgrounds, maemo 5, masturbatory fantasy pics, n900, themes, wallpapers