Notices

Originally Posted by neotalk View Post
hence i did not give out the url.....and yes i was invited...please read my post carefuly.
neotalk I don't mean to be rude but I suggest you read my post carefully; I never said you weren't invited I said those who are (which includes you), are not allowed to discuss what they find out during the beta (not just the url) outside of the beta forums unless permitted to do so by staff there. If you have permission then that's fine, I was just pointing it out if you weren't aware.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
People with problems with the audio on the beta, it is a gstreamer bug. To fix do this: download http://dl.dropbox.com/u/219349/libgstrtp.so and put that file in: /home/user/.gstreamer-0.10/plugins/

You will probably need to create that directory first. Once you have done that, restart your phone (or if you know what you are doing kill the process /usr/bin/mafw-dbus-wrapper mafw-gst-renderer) then go to the beta website and try watching an hq or lq channel from it. This will fix the audio stutter.

I will work on a nice way of packaging this so it doesn't interfere with any system package, but you can use that in the meantime.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zaheerm For This Useful Post:
Installed and working. Thank you!
Only issues remaining are audio sync, and 4:3 image

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
Originally Posted by cue View Post
neotalk i don't mean to be rude but i suggest you read my post carefully; i never said you weren't invited i said those who are (which includes you), are not allowed to discuss what they find out during the beta (not just the url) outside of the beta forums unless permitted to do so by staff there. If you have permission then that's fine, i was just pointing it out if you weren't aware.
rubbish....i am discusing a maemo issue in a maemo forum...YOU ARE JUST BEING PICKY.

Last edited by neotalk; 2010-06-04 at 11:30.

well, fair enough,as a said I didn't mean to be rude. I was just pointing it out just in case it might land you in trouble. I'm only trying to help.

I don't think its rubbish though, you pretty much summed up everything about the beta, and I mean everything except the url, which is against the terms of the beta.
like I said I'm not trying to stop you from doing so; I'm not the police. I'm only trying to help you by telling you about the terms of the beta if you weren't aware. just in case tvcatchup staff get a little strict with enforcement. I don't want to see you out of the beta because of it.

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Rochdale UK
thanks for the above fix - if you can get this packaged for roll out that would be great.

Please follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/marcdixon