http://www.umpcportal.com/2009/02/sa...ne-or-pocketpc

* 4.3 inch touchscreen
* Wimax, Wifi and Bluetooth
* Dual cams ( 3M + 0.3M pixels )
* Micro SD
* TV out
* Windows Mobile 6.1 with Opera web browser

possibly Arm based.. if under 500$ i would definitely hit it

(sidebar) why is near impossible for anyone to make a smooth-surface device?? When they indent(?) the screen in that manner, it makes it unnecessarily difficult to reach certain cornered icons on a touch-based device UI(with a finger)

The few that have this, work extremely well.. and no reports of screen damage that i know of(Touch, Touch HD, iphones & touches).. and it looks so much better IMO.

/end mini rant

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Phen0m View Post
...no reports of screen damage that i know of(Touch, Touch HD, iphones & touches)..
There must be little intersection between the people on the mailing lists I follow and the people you know.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
STOOOP! you forgot the most important fact:

"Oh, there’s one downside, it runs Windows Mobile 6.1… can we at least upgrade it to Windows Mobile 6.5… please?" (http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives...son_wimax.html)

So no true competitor unless you would be able to use some kind of linux on it!

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
I didn't know the N810 was being cloned! It looks like a Windows clone of the N810, the only advantage (from what's in the article) being the TV out.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
if its cheap, and works with redfly, im game

6.1.. yes its horrible, however 6.5 isn't THAT bad(even for a beta).. there are some guys working on it @ XDA, im running it on a Mogul(titanium and animations disabled), and its no worse than 6.1 at the moment..
Which means it will surely surpass it by the time its device ready.
buuut if you're comparing it to the linux's of the world, then yes it's probably pretty bad.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
I'd take the worst linux distro (and I won't fire up that holy war by expressing an opinion/preference!) over the best Windows version, any day!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to briand For This Useful Post:
True competitor? More like clone. Did Samsung make it in China so Nokia couldn't sue them for direct copying? It even has the cursor pad in the same place!

WinMo is a hideous piece of crap. Every year or so they release a new version of it that is just as bad as the old version, but with minor gui updates.

I had to suffer it for many years until I cottoned on to maemo. No one should have to use WinMo unless they have been convicted of a particularly heinous crime.

The Following User Says Thank You to paulkoan For This Useful Post:
whats so bad about winmo? does it crash a lot or something?

This device looks pretty nice actually, what the n810 should have been hardware wise