Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by conny View Post
They are really nice, only just tried three of them and not problems at all. I think you can push them to testing now/soon
I've pushed them to extras-testing last night. Give them a shot and vote it up here: http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...s/1.3-1maemo1/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
Originally Posted by code177 View Post
Foremost, I've emailed a few of you directly about this - there was a bug I introduced on saturday preventing new 3200x480 wallpapers from being added to the database. I've fixed this now, so if you're wondering why your wallpaper isn't on the site, just re-upload it sorry about that.

Thanks to rcadden for tipping me off with his "(which has also been uploaded to n900wallpapers.com, but not approved as of this post)." comment..

Those of you who have been using the business end of the site will notice that I made some changes to the way the attribution/credit system works (and on the wallpapers pages too), which I think will make it easier to ensure the right people are credited in a standardized way.

On to other business:

- I'm told javispedro was working on a way to create .deb files from php. We should talk about this, as it would allow us to implement a one-click on

- solideogloria - just tell me what you need and I'll get it done!
Thanks, I've re-upped. I wonder if it would be possible for you to add the option for us to upload a zip file ourselves - it only took me ~5 extra minutes in photoshop and notepad to put together the image set (4 images + .desktop file). Would certainly make it easier. I tried downloading one set, one by one, and setting them one by one - certainly took *alot* longer than creating the image set and .desktop myself.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by rcadden View Post
Thanks, I've re-upped. I wonder if it would be possible for you to add the option for us to upload a zip file ourselves - it only took me ~5 extra minutes in photoshop and notepad to put together the image set (4 images + .desktop file). Would certainly make it easier. I tried downloading one set, one by one, and setting them one by one - certainly took *alot* longer than creating the image set and .desktop myself.
I'll be reupping the 3 sets missing tonight.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Actually, one suggestion I have is to register wallpapersformaemo.com ASAP. Eventually Nokia's going to release something after the N900 which will obsolete your current name, so it'd probably be a good idea to prepare for that now.
I'd go even further: mobile-wallpapers.com or similar.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by rcadden View Post
If you can email me a .desktop file (i couldn't extract it from the file on this mac at work), I should be able to make the site auto-generate these this evening.

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
Originally Posted by code177 View Post
If you can email me a .desktop file (i couldn't extract it from the file on this mac at work), I should be able to make the site auto-generate these this evening.
I just copied/pasted the code from the first few posts on this thread into Notepad and saved it as '.camo.desktop'. You do need to change the filenames listed (obviously) but that's all it was - nothing special.

You guys might want to use the standard I pretty much already established.

theme.desktop files go to /usr/share/backgrounds/
The actual images go to /opt/maemo-backgrounds/[theme name]/[theme name]1.png, ...2.png, etc...

EDIT: changed /usr/share/background/ to /usr/share/backgrounds/.

My bad, folks.

Last edited by zerojay; 2009-10-15 at 01:24.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
I love the wallpaper pack - much easier than setting each background individually! The package is nicely optified and works without problems.

My one suggestion would be to group together the wallpapers from the pack by renaming them "CVG Earthbound - Onett" so they all list together. CVG = Classic Video Games, but you could do whatever makes sense ( 0J = zerojay )

The Following User Says Thank You to fiferboy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fiferboy View Post
I love the wallpaper pack - much easier than setting each background individually! The package is nicely optified and works without problems.

My one suggestion would be to group together the wallpapers from the pack by renaming them "CVG Earthbound - Onett" so they all list together. CVG = Classic Video Games, but you could do whatever makes sense ( 0J = zerojay )
I've added two new Chrono Trigger backgrounds to the pack and I'm working on a Super Metroid wallpaper or two. I know SOMEONE at Summit was looking for one. Anyone remember who it was?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Is there an app to auto-download and rotate through a variety of wallpapers? Maybe someone can make one (hint hint)

Tags
backgrounds, maemo 5, masturbatory fantasy pics, n900, themes, wallpapers