Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
Did you ask if they will release a N9 version or did you ask if they are interested in a cooperation with community devs?

From a business perspective, I think there are reasons that make it totally understandable why they don't create an app for N9 themselves.
But I don't see why they would reject an offer where they would get an app more or less for free (unless there are political games going on I don't know of).
I guess from Whatsapp's point of view the business from Harmattan may not be worth the support services required. Porting their app is not the stumbling block. They may have limited resources to support too many platforms. Whatsapp has also refused to port to Bada.

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by tgalal View Post
The question is why would a developer offer them an app that he created, for free.
By writing "more or less free" I was trying to indicate that, in case of a cooperation, both parties would have to give (and get) something.
E.g. the dev could benefit from being mentioned in the about of the app, getting easy access to all relevant information, access to testing and marketing resources, legally using trademarks, logos etc., more confidence that the app won´t be blocked one day...you name it, it just a matter of how the deal is negotiated...

Anyway, as in this case both parties seem to be not interested in a cooperation, this discussion is pointless here ;-)
And, if we get Whatsapp in the end, I do not care how
Please keep up your great work here, tgalal!

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
i still can manage to 'chat' with all my friend without whatsapp, is this is equal with the fact nokia is stoping the bug report? come on guys, i wrote guys not gays, do something more important than this app!! sick of this, better developing more credential known bug to be solved, after whatsapp then will come another app thats called line, lol, not funny

Guys please take the conversational talk to another thread. These posts keep getting in the way of keep trying to keep up to speed with dev work.

Anyway TGALAL if you need a hand with creating a quick GUI for this give me a shout. My QML skills have improved recently.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Germany
1. How far is the project?
2. Any Designwork needed?
best regards...

Sorry but I'm just curious if the function of media sharing (ie. sending photos & videos) would be inclusive for this project.

The Following User Says Thank You to bnwg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
Originally Posted by bnwg View Post
Sorry but I'm just curious if the function of media sharing (ie. sending photos & videos) would be inclusive for this project.
Well this is not priority for the first release, but it will eventually be added.

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
What I need help in is how to use the Accounts manager. I've been searching for quite sometime and I think there is not a single helpful documentation out there on how to write an accounts plugin! Anyone familiar with those stuff?

What I need help in is how to use the Accounts manager. I've been searching for quite sometime and I think there is not a single helpful documentation out there on how to write an accounts plugin! Anyone familiar with those stuff?
Is this helpful:

http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/...ple.html?tab=0

The Following User Says Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
You can ask Coderus, author of Extraplugins
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81423

The Following User Says Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
galal-t is da, kindergarten, mastar, new tmo low, shameful, tmo not cake, trollfest, whiny_girls