Active Topics

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I take that back! Over this weekend I finally took the plunge (after seeing Heimdall 1.2.0 released with PIF support among other improvements) and now I can finally proclaim that I have, in fact, re-imaged my Samsung Galaxy Tab after first making a full solid nandroid-style image back-up. It's PERFECT and backs up all 10 partitions plus data files. It's still possible to brick, but far far less likely now. Check out the roto-backup method: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=850359

Make sure you have installed a copy of the Android SDK (be sure to install the platform tools and all), a copy of Heimdall (the Linux version worked FLAWLESSLY to detect and work with my Tab--EVERY--TIME! ...no stupid "special" [read: retahded] drivers like in Windows) at the ready and a stock image (depends on which device you have, I've got a Verizon SCH-I800 myself) in case you need to restore everything and remember that you CAN still brick the Galaxy Tab... but now I can feel far more braver doing so. Also--be sure to back-up with Titanium Backup to make life easy in case you try a new ROM out or something. Once you've done all that, head over to that thread I posted above and issue the adb commands to create firmware images of your current system that you can use Heimdall to flash back onto the device in case you REALLY b0rked it up.

I hope that helps. If it doesn't, I'm not responsible. Everything I say is utter HACK and it's probably total luck that anything I do manages to work. Fair warning.

Also... WHOO! Nice to have BT HID support (BT keyboards and BT mice) FINALLY on my Verizon Galaxy Tab, plus the freedom now to finally go all-out and try out Maemo, Honeycomb, etc. and know that I can re-partition and re-flash back to a saved state with impunity. ...at least, until I've truly f***ed it up for good. heheh
Thanks. Will try this out. Still a bit torn between flashing and just finding a way to fix the faulty battery metre. Mainly because I have invested so much time in Drag Racing and upgraded all my favourite cars to the maximum and I doubt a back up and restore would maintain my stats and upgrades.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Also, dude! What happened to your car?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Thanks. Will try this out. Still a bit torn between flashing and just finding a way to fix the faulty battery metre. Mainly because I have invested so much time in Drag Racing and upgraded all my favourite cars to the maximum and I doubt a back up and restore would maintain my stats and upgrades.
Why wouldn't it? As long as you Titanium Backed up all your apps and data, you should be able to restore the app and restore the data (and the SD card should hold whatever extra data the app might use on an SD, if it even uses any at all, between re-imaging). But, ultimately, this is your gamble so I don't blame you for being paranoid and you should do it only when you feel okay with it. I'm the same way and it took me this long to gather up the courage to re-image my tablet despite all the recklessness on my Droid now that I'm VERY comfortable ruining it and building it right back up again repeatedly.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Also, dude! What happened to your car?
Graduated, got a job, moved out. Gave it to mum. That's what I'll be driving next week when they've sorted the paperwork out.

I'm going to be relying on that car for 4 years until graduate MBBS. If I can win the defence force scholarship, I should be able to buy a decent sporty car at the end of the 4 years, something like a low-model/used Porsche is what I had in mind but probably will end up with a Ford Focus XR5 Turbo (compact outside, spacious inside, lots of thrill under the hood).

edit: Australia. Here cars are Right-Hand-Side steering and drive on the LHS of the road like in Japan/UK/Asia.

Last edited by Kangal; 2011-06-26 at 12:33.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Graduated, got a job, moved out. Gave it to mum. That's what I'll be driving next week when they've sorted the paperwork out.

I'm going to be relying on that car for 4 years until graduate MBBA. If I can win the defence force scholarship, I should be able to buy a decent sporty car at the end of the 4 years, something like a Ford Focus XR5 is what I had in mind (compact outside, spacious inside, lots of thrill under the hood).
No no... I mean.. somebody put the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car! (Where are you?) heheh Also, I dig (love, really) tiny cars that are well done. I never liked the focus for YEARS but I have to admit that these latest model of the Focus are pretty nice. Here's hoping the best to you, then!

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Hey guys I'm considering getting an HTC Flyer after seeing the universally favorable reviews and the pen support looks nice. I'm curious because the Amazon version is slightly more expensive, I'm curious does the one sold at Amazon include the magic pen, because it seems as if only Best Buy is selling the flyer without the pen.
http://www.amazon.com/HTC-Flyer-Andr...9147628&sr=1-2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
Hey guys I'm considering getting an HTC Flyer after seeing the universally favorable reviews and the pen support looks nice. I'm curious because the Amazon version is slightly more expensive, I'm curious does the one sold at Amazon include the magic pen, because it seems as if only Best Buy is selling the flyer without the pen.
It's in the description so I'd assume it does come with it. It does not mention it as sold separately, which by law they must tell you. so it's safe to assume that it does.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
It's in the description so I'd assume it does come with it. It does not mention it as sold separately, which by law they must tell you. so it's safe to assume that it does.
Thanks that really helps me with my decision.

The Following User Says Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Somebody at XDA-devs found out the HTC Flyer can use a regular Fujistu Stylus being as Fujistu Tablet PC's have the same N-Trig tech and the same aaaa battery operated stylus. So rather than spending 80 dollars spend 25 dollars.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1122541

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
I really feel like Google dropped the ball with Honeycomb.
Not only was it unpolished, late, and lacked some features (portrait mode/support 7" size) ... the official hardware was mediocre (the XOOM).
And I they missed a nice opportunity when they left out A-Digitizer support from the official product/SDK.

BTW I'm still hunting for the best (cost wise) tablet that's 7" size but preferably 8.9".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy