Posts: 144 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hamburg
Hi,

the update to PR1.3 hangs on 90% since over 90 minutes

Anyone else experienced this problem? Will get it through?

Cheers

I had the same problem (stuck at 90%) for maybe 2 hours.. Then I rebooted my device and voila.. 100%.. Now I'm on pr 1.3, no problems so far.

The Following User Says Thank You to Slerppa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
wat r the changes in pr 1.3/??

Rebooted the device, Nokia logo appears

Rescuing software update
Please do not interrupt.
0..100%
Configuring all packages.
this happened 3 times, then appeared

Maximum rescue count exceeded
Now it fails with advice I should use Nokia Software Updater.

UPDATE

Now it has booted correctly... showing PR 1.3

Last edited by mbo; 2012-07-03 at 15:10.

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Wow amazing, it seems no one wants to give details what this Update has! Some please elaborate, some screenshots would be nice.

Twitter and Facebook apps are bricked now and cannot be reinstalled...

I had the exact same problem last time and I have the exact same problem now. My boyfriend fixed the files last time, so I'll probably bug him again about this. Really nasty issue that repeats every time. I might just reflash the phone..

Also having same exact problem.
This happened also on 1.2 update, had to take the phone to Nokia Care since it just didn't wake up anymore. The fun part is, Nokia wasn't even able to provide me an phone as a exchange due the repair (reflashing) time, since they didn't (still dont?) have micro-sim phones.

Now, updating to 1.3 got me stuck on 90%, rebooted after two hours. Some red text recovery messages poppin up. Phone didn't start for a while and complaint that it should be taken to the Nokia Care. After few tries it booted up.

Now, facebook & twitter are completely f'up. Cant re-install. I dont feel that all the necessary items got even installed...

Tried to fix it manually and apt-get gives me following error:

libsocial-contacts-actions (1.3.2+0m8) wird eingerichtet ...
Error: cannot register service at /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/contacts/xmldata/social-contacts-actionsservice.xml (Service already exists)
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von libsocial-contacts-actions (--configure):
Unterprozess installiertes post-installation-Skript gab den Fehlerwert 5 zurück

This

Originally Posted by tomander View Post

Now, updating to 1.3 got me stuck on 90%, rebooted after two hours. Some red text recovery messages poppin up. Phone didn't start for a while and complaint that it should be taken to the Nokia Care. After few tries it booted up.

Now, facebook & twitter are completely f'up. Cant re-install. I dont feel that all the necessary items got even installed...
Same problem, went into bootloop for a while, now it shows me the option to update to 1.3 still, although on the info screen it says it's1.3 already. Also facebook and Twitter are now broken.

I'm not at home ATM, so can't flash any time soon so if alternative fixes are out there I would appreciate.

The Following User Says Thank You to _Routser For This Useful Post: