Active Topics

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
It's been said in the thread already, but the reason really is included vat + included 1 or 2 year warranty.

last time I checked on a mac book, once it was factored in, there was less than a 5% dofference between US and EU.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Get ready for lower prices! Google is making a 'Java' phone with Motorola and since they own Motorola they'll definitely subsidize the price knowing it will pay off with sales in the Google Playstore or whatever it's called.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Anyone knows any great tech stores in NYC? Looking for Computers, cams, tablets and phones. I have few days off and some money to spend. Where is the best place to spend it NYC area?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
B&h .

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
"You go to B&H"

J&R is good too...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Whats up with this name thing B&H, J&R and M&M's...

They don't have phones? Is it even possible to find unlocked phone without operator?

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
J&R sells phones unlocked/unsubsidized. There are probably other retailers in the city that specialize in mobile phones and have better selection (though I can't think of any offhand). But a large retailer like J&R or B&H have good breadth of general electronics offerings.

Do not go to Worst Buy...

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Why are these stores in US named like "X&Y" ?
How do you tell them apart?

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Competition is a big factor too. Competition breeds pressure on gov to reduce taxes and tariffs. And businesses rule gov in US, not the other way around. Plus, to sell to large number of,people and move volume, you need it to be relatively cheap.
Most of the computer stuff is manufactured in US thats why it is inexpensive. When it goes out for sale in foreign countries, all those duties, custom is added to the price.

Originally Posted by maverick788us View Post
Most of the computer stuff is manufactured in US thats why it is inexpensive. When it goes out for sale in foreign countries, all those duties, custom is added to the price.
I doubt most phones are assembled in US.
http://mediacenter.motorola.com/News...urce=pulsenews

Tags
almost free, phones in us