I also had the radio app installed and then noticed that the mic was broken. But I also installed other apps, thus, I can not tell which caused the problem...

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland@Turku
Anyone heard anything official regarding the microphone problems?

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Nothing official, but:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6407 (microphone doesn't work during a call and after closing fm radio)

And if a reflashing doesn't help your device (or removal of FM radio + reboot), it's probably a HW error.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
I have a new n900 and if I have been using the phone all day and try to make a call the mic appears to not work.

I can hear the other person fine. A reboot appear to sort the issue. Anyone else have this problem?

Happened once. Tho it has happened sometimes with every phone I have owned so...

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Threads merged.

Got my phone yesterday .. mic works for me

You can't imagine the feeling i experienced when i spoke, and waited to see if the other guy heard me or not ..

Never mind, Dell won't even process a re-order and are only offering me a return due to no availability of the product.

Has anyone who ordered a defective phone from Dell had any luck getting help directly from Nokia (I'll be trying them next)?

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I got my phone two days ago from Dell. The mic doesn't work and Dell is telling me 3-5 weeks before I will get a replacement. Lovely...

Last edited by zac; 2009-12-10 at 20:04. Reason: Update and Question

Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
if mine is defective tomorrow
i'm just going to return it and get full refund

so here's our journey so far with the N900

pre-order -> wait -> more wait -> order cancelled by nokia -> re-order -> wait -> more wait -> order decline by bank -> re-order -> wait -> phone in hand but can't make calls

great, if mine is defective as well, i'm going to ditch Nokia
i had the N97, that was a big disappointment, really look toward for the n900 and now this
Exactly my experience!
I'm now at the stage of having an RMA number but no mail which has the full details to return the brick...

Tags
audio, broken, dead, doa, fail, failure, lack of quality control, mic, microphone, n900, n900 recall, no audio