Camera hardware is excellent. Camera software is not that good.
Video playback can be improved with a small update and that's it.

Elop hates Symbian and MeeGo. He's a Microsoft kid, he took $2 billion and he can do whatever he want. He is the boss.
But AFAIK, he got ****ed up from N9. His favorite phoneshit is outsold by N9, badly.

I mean, let's make it this way. N9 without any kind of marketing, it wasn't sold in major markets, phone which was dead before sales started - overshot 1.5 milion sales. 2 Lumias (710 and 800) with the best marketing in Nokia's history - just 600 000 units.
Who's crazy? Who should be dead? MeeGo or Elop?

Last edited by ENNINE; 2012-02-10 at 03:07.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ENNINE For This Useful Post:
until I see hard, concrete number stating the N9 outsold the Lumia line, we're speculating and talking from our arses. Same goes for that bitter dude that left Nokia after the Elopacolypse.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to unfuccwittable For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by nephridium View Post
The N950 could have been the "business" model, as someone mentioned in another thread, a "communicator" device aimed at managers, executives etc. You know, Nokia's high mark-up market segment that previously bought devices like the E7, E90 or 9500 Communicator. Just add some business software onto it and together with utilizing Linux' security model would have been the perfect model to market to the business segment.

One could even imagine a Nokia branded business ecosystem around these devices. The fact that the OS is mostly open source doesn't mean people can't make money from closed or pay-to-use business software if made and marketed well.

It's a pity Nokia's been bullied into having no "Plan B".
Why not put all functions into one phone, so everyone gets what they want like the Iphone model?

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by Dan_F View Post
...and 2 - 3 budget phones, for the eastern markets...
That's a myth / urban legend. U'd be surprised to know the quantities of 'high-end' phones the 'eastern market/s consume!

The Following User Says Thank You to qorax For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by unfuccwittable View Post
until I see hard, concrete number stating the N9 outsold the Lumia line, we're speculating and talking from our arses. Same goes for that bitter dude that left Nokia after the Elopacolypse.

No, that's not just speculation. Nobody knows exactly, we are talking about that sales gap.

Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Here's the deal, let's talk flagships... If the Nokia N9 had the best of the best of what Nokia had to offer it would be considered a flagship. Sadly it is not. The N950 would be considered more of a flagship than the Nokia N9...
Not necessarily.
There r many who'd never buy a phone with a HKB. They don't need a KB jutting out from their devices... making it unnecessarily bulky and prone to disfigurement. We r pretty happy with a VKB... it solves our purpose.

Similarly there would many who'd desire otherwise. Their usage preferences might call for a phone with HKB. I'd opine that the masses would be divided, with a tad bending towards a non-HKB model. Which is why most phones aren't made that way.

However, the wisest idea would have been to maintain both... and let the users decide. Thus, two variants of the same device - a N9 & a N950 going concurrently, with similar specs could be a better KSP.

Sad, Eflop and [regretfully] the Nokia BoD thought otherwise...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qorax For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by qorax View Post
Not necessarily.
There r many who'd never buy a phone with a HKB. They don't need a KB jutting out from their devices... making it unnecessarily bulky and prone to disfigurement. We r pretty happy with a VKB... it solves our purpose.

Similarly there would many who'd desire otherwise. Their usage preferences might call for a phone with HKB. I'd opine that the masses would be divided, with a tad bending towards a non-HKB model. Which is why most phones aren't made that way.

However, the wisest idea would have been to maintain both... and let the users decide. Thus, two variants of the same device - a N9 & a N950 going concurrently, with similar specs could be a better KSP.

Sad, Eflop and [regretfully] the Nokia BoD thought otherwise...
The hardware keyboard doesn't matter to me, I am more referring to the 12mp camera and the 4 inch tft lcd, the hardware keyboard is pretty useless to me, but I'm sure others will find a use for it....

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I won't burst your bubble so you can keep dreaming of the N9 being used as a flagship....
No but this guy will

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike Fila For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ENNINE View Post
...N9 without any kind of marketing, it wasn't sold in major markets, phone which was dead before sales started - overshot 1.5 milion sales. 2 Lumias (710 and 800) with the best marketing in Nokia's history - just 600 000 units...
Originally Posted by ENNINE View Post
No, that's not just speculation. Nobody knows exactly, we are talking about that sales gap.
Canalys released its full, detailed Q4 2011, REPORT on Feb-3, 2012. This document is a must read - especially b'coz it clarifies that for the first time in history "Smartphones outsold PCs, laptops & Tablets". However, that paper also contradicted the public opinion of WP-phones & Meego-devices sales -- stating the WPs sold 1.2 million while the Meegos sold 600K units. Below's the extract:

Despite a disappointing set of financial results, Nokia’s smart phone performance in the fourth quarter gave cause for optimism. It shipped 19.6 million smart phones, down 31% from the record high of a year earlier, but up 17% on Q3 2011. The total was helped by 1.2 million and 0.6 million shipments of its Windows Phone and MeeGo-based products respectively, as well as improved Symbian Belle volumes from competitively priced devices such as the Nokia 500, 700 and 701. Its total smart phone shipments for the year came in at 77.3 million globally.
Could they have possibly slipped up the names?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qorax For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mike Fila View Post
No but this guy will
Nice one there...
Pulling the plug !

The Following User Says Thank You to qorax For This Useful Post: