Notices

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
A thread for a mupen64 port already exists, the file attached on the first post contains two incomplete source tarballs of a pandora in progress project, and also the usual frowned upon "where do I get my ROMs?" discussion. I say close the thread.

This project is a Pandora one and thus first videos will feature a Pandora, unless someone here is up to the task. Hint: it's not a simple recompile but not rocket science either.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
javispedro i am from zaragoza ,are you spanish?? speak and write spanish??

yes it is pandora proyect , in theory recompile it, and rewritten code buff is difficult yes, i think that it was a n64 emulator but i can see that only is a pandora proyect that could run in maemo , any person try ?

Last edited by samipower; 2009-10-16 at 18:36.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by samipower View Post
javispedro i am from zaragoza ,are you spanish?? speak and write spanish??
Of course.

But if you plan to PM and it's a request be sure to attach a hefty amount of money. Joking

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Note that this will run ??% slower than pandora (oc'd @ 850mhz). Currently with sound off they get ~20 fps in a couple of games. Early tests implicate game GL renderer / opengl ES 2.0 / powrevr SGX as bottleneck, so ultimately ~20fps may be doable with sound if they can optimize that.

On the other hand maybe not - sound is a beatch, and they have no working frameskip yet afaik. Great work so far by ari64, pickle and team.

The Following User Says Thank You to ArnimS For This Useful Post:
cant wait to play mario again

for all... The pandora one optimized for the gpu and neon is running pretty much full speed on the pandora with no sound. http://bit.ly/Qigzp (posting from my phone so its a shortened gravity (twitter url) that goes to the youtube link.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
any news on this?? N64 emu would be sweeet

Originally Posted by jalladin View Post
blah blah
Making an emulator for a thing isn't against the law because it doesn't use any code copyrighted by the owners of the thing being emulated.

As soon as you bring in roms for lets say.. super mario.. then you're talking about breaking copyright laws.

There are certain emulators for the GBA (see: Gameboid on Android) that require you to get the bios (copyrighted code) from other sources, if they were provided, the emulator's author would be overstepping his boundaries.

But if you just code a program that is capable of playing certain files, files that can be perfectly legitimate (maybe someone created a game for the gba themselves and want to play it on their computer), without using any copyrighted code then you're in the clear.

Hope this cleared up any concerns/questions you may have had.

Last edited by Lazarpandar; 2010-02-02 at 05:42.

Any news on this?
________
TEEN EUROPEAN

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 12:20.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ The Netherlands
Yeah, any news?