Active Topics

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chicago, IL
Hi guys, I hope you can help. I already set up my Yahoo Mail on my N900. I can receive new emails, but for some reason the emails that i send they don't go through. They stay in the "Outbox" tray and it says "failed" First it says "sending" after a couple of seconds it changes to "failed"

What could be the problem? Any suggestions.

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
Did you use the automatic setup?

Here are the settings Yahoo gives:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...op/pop-14.html

What is the error you're getting for outgoing mail?

yes, i used the automatic set up. I don't have Yahoo! Mail Plus. I have the regular "free" one.

On service provider I choose Yahoo! Mail, entered the info that it asks. Then hit "Finish" I then let it "refresh". I reply to a message and it says "message moved to outbox waiting to be sent" and that's were it stays, for a couple of seconds on the outbox tray it says "sending" then "failed"

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
AFAIK Yahoo requires the Plus subscription for POP email (and doesn't support IMAP). It looks like some googling turns up a few options to get around that, but you'll have to do some digging to see if there is a solution that will work for you.

Originally Posted by sadfist View Post
AFAIK Yahoo requires the Plus subscription for POP email (and doesn't support IMAP). It looks like some googling turns up a few options to get around that, but you'll have to do some digging to see if there is a solution that will work for you.
Thanks for the info!

The setting for Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: SHOULD BE:

smtp.mail.yahoo.com (Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication)

That seemed to solved the problem. I'm NOW able to send emails using Yahoo! Mail.

Thanks again!

thanks bachatera_21 that worked for me !!