Active Topics

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
For general browsing, I've been using Fennec exclusively for a few months now. Major points:
  • fast
  • bookmarking
  • loads new tabs in background
I'm not sure what Nokia was thinking with the default Harmattan browser; maybe they've been working with the Fennec guys, because for general browsing it's that good. But as of my last build (July?), local chrome .css files were not supported.

See this thread and this link for more details.
flash? :/

[too short]

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
It's probably best to ask Nokia directly about that one. Sim lock seems to be possible, but I'm not sure about firmware branding. I personally wouldn't go near an N9 that had either of these, given that it's one-off device.
Telenor has secured the sole right to sell the N9 in Norway for the rest of the year. It appears as SIM locked in their webshop. BTW: They are marketing it heavily on the web.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to larsoy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
Best but fastest abandoned phone in the world! >.< cancelled my order just yesterday thanks to tizen. I just wished n9 got the support like iphone and it would have been a great success
ROTFL!!! you must be joking, if you cancel order cause Intel leaves Meego. Intel has NOTHING todo with Nokias efforts in Meego Harmattan except the damn name! Nokias biggest mistake is the ****ing name. if they had continue called it "Maemo6 with Qtsupport" would you buy it then?

infact its more Qt+Swipe+maemo6 N9 is about. nothing else!

But hey if you willing wait a year for samsung to get some freaking new device out based on tizzot its upto you

but cancel cause of tizzot coming 2012 hahaha epic fail...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by olympus View Post
flash? :/

[too short]
nooo (get over it! its sooo 2010)

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
Best but fastest abandoned phone in the world! >.< cancelled my order just yesterday thanks to tizen. I just wished n9 got the support like iphone and it would have been a great success
You stupid woman Seriously, that is plain stupidity caused by pure ignorance. Tizen is MeeGo with a new name. In another 18 months it will have yet another stupid name. Harmattan != MeeGo

LOL

Last edited by ericsson; 2011-09-29 at 22:17.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
The only thing is that Harmattan happen to support Meego API and won't support Tizen Apis (or at least not garanteed, but nokia could do it). By any mean, you shouldn't care, because there were not so many meego handheld before, which means there are not so fewer now.

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
You stupid woman Seriously, that is plain stupidity caused by pure ignorance. Tizen is MeeGo with a new name. In another 18 months it will have yet another stupid name. Harmattan != MeeGo

LOL
Ignorance breeds ignorance it seems.
Tizen is NOT Meego with a new name. Meego is a QT based project, whilst tizen will not require qt for compliance. Tizen, whilst sharing many core components with Meego (as virtually all linux distributions do) will focus on HTML5 + WAC API's for HTML5 applications. Qt does not play a part in this.

ps: didn't you say you were leaving TMO a while back? Oh well, we're all used to disappointment these days......

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
I am curious if anyone used their corporate email on Nokia N9 and does it have provisioning. My N900 is not provisionable and does not communicate with my work mail.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
I am curious if anyone used their corporate email on Nokia N9 and does it have provisioning. My N900 is not provisionable and does not communicate with my work mail.
The N950 is provisionable.
I have tried it against Exchange 2007 and Zimbra. Both work.
Haven't tried multiple exchange accounts.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 321 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland (Turku)
Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
Anything else you want to know?
Just curious - what kind of score does the native browser get in Sunspider JavaScript benchmark?

Tags
bigbadpoo!, billeatspoo, billsuxcox