Notices

Originally Posted by fringd View Post
when vulture's eye is running pulseaudio eats 20% CPU. There are no sounds playing, so this is a bug, right?
The sounds are supposed to be played though. Still working on it =)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Albuquerque US&A
I don't seem to be able to save. When I quit, it asks if I want it to save, but when I say yes and relaunch the app, I get prompted to create a new character? Am I doing something wrong or is that feature missing.

Saving is essential to completing the game. I've lost a couple of possible ascentions because my phone would crash after a couple days. Very frustrating to lose a good character due to a hardware issue. If only I could save and then back up my save file manually to ensure software/hardware crashes do not affect me...

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Stuttgart, Germany
You can try to save by using Shift+S, and then it will automatically quit the game. Sometimes the game doesn't close itself properly so I have to use Ctrl+Backspace to task switch, then close the window. The game is still saved properly.

A few improvement suggestions:
1) I think it would be good to remap the "<" and ">" keys to something else, since they are not available on the keyboard. When going up or downstairs I always have to use the touchscreen to click on the stairs, and sometimes I don't tap accurately, which can be painful when there are powerful monsters I just tried to escape from.

2) Hide the in-game mouse cursor, at least when it's in normal mode (not in look mode).

3) Version 2.2.100 has a bug that prevents the inventory object weights to be displayed. This can affect the gameplay. It has been fixed in upstream, see http://github.com/clivecrous/vulture...osed#issue/107

4) If only fullscreen mode can work, then remove the "switch fullscreen" menu item

5) In the inventory using the right mouse click usually brings up a context menu with actions. It would be nice if the popup menu could pop up as well on the Maemo version by holding the finger on an inventory object.

That's it. Thanks for having ported the game :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to PVince81 For This Useful Post:
Hey there, great work on this. I really appreciate the effort you have put in to this. The one thing I am having a problem with is putting on a ring. I wondering if this is a known bug?

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Since you're posting in a generic "Games" folder please state in the subject line what Maemo OS this is for.
Thanks!
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Opps sorry it's Vultures Eye on the N900

Originally Posted by lancelot View Post
Opps sorry it's Vultures Eye on the N900
No wonder I can't input anything in the game on my n800. It works, just no keyboard to input the character name or move on from that screen. May if I get a bt keyboard? Is there any other way, or maybe a way to implement a smaller display with basic touch controls around the borders. I love diablo, and I'm sure I'd love this if it worked on my n800 like that.

At any rate- awesome work!

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
^ You should download and install this.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=70484

Mess around with the different Xkbd keyboards until you find one that works best for you.

You can also hack xbindkeys and xmodmap to change the few hardware keys that the N800 has.

Cheers.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
^ You should download and install this.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=70484

Mess around with the different Xkbd keyboards until you find one that works best for you.

You can also hack xbindkeys and xmodmap to change the few hardware keys that the N800 has.

Cheers.
Thanks but I've played ancient domains of mystery before, and I felt really ripped off... and it's free.

Ive paid $50 for Diablo and wasn't feeling that, and thought vulture's eye would be fun.

ADOM is not a game...it's a lame one, imo.

Last edited by eldiablo; 2011-07-26 at 03:34. Reason: spelling

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Wow.

ADOM is one of my all time faves.

Perhaps you're just a killjoy?