Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
So who's looking forward to tax day?

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
My battery drain seriously increased after the update!!! Am I the only one who noticed this?

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2014-03-19 at 07:16.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Right now I think they better disable feedscreen because right now it just unusable and annoying
Not quite sure I'd go as far as to say that it is unusable (although actually mine has been for a month or so because 1.0.3.8 caused it to more-or-less stop working; firtunately back to normal with 1.0.4.20). It is, however, nowhere near as good as on the N9, which is a shame.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
My battery drain seriously increased after the update!!! Am I the only one who noticed this?
Yes I have noticed this. Am waiting a day or two for things to settle down. I tried a few Android apps which I am sure make things worse. No re-booted the Jolla and fully charging it to see what drain is now in normal use. Currently seeing 60% drain in just under 24hrs.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
For me it is too early to say, my battery consumption seems slightly increased, but that can be because now with UI changes I really like to play with my Jolla and show it to people around
Also now e-mail sync seem work more or less according to schedule, so in my case it checks 2xIMAP every 5 minutes and 1xExchange always up to date. When previously I doubt if auto sync was done more than 3 times per day.
I will continue monitoring.

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Can't really say I have noticed any drain, but then again, my Jolla usually uses 60-90% in the ~16h of a day.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
No but there is rhe notifications screen, which looks like it will be the feed screen and a less than useful lock screen. The lock screen has no date, no customisation and no battery level, I am hoping that gets a major overhaul too.
I just noticed that at least the battery level is now visible on the lock screen if you just tap it shortly. Definitely better than before.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
I just noticed that at least the battery level is now visible on the lock screen if you just tap it shortly. Definitely better than before.
See what you mean. Is this different than before, I cant remember, I was always used to swiping anyway. Still a wasted screen. Compared with my N9 (and lets forget the low power screen for a moment) and a double tap shows me battery 3g Wifi BT etc, Time and date and then there are notifications with information which can be swiped to get straight to the app.
On my Jolla I have email. That requires swiping two screens, and opening the email app. I am sure Jolla could be smarter.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Tap to bounce the battery level into view on the lock screen is new. It's in the release notes.

"Bounces the view up when user taps on the lock screen"

Why just display it on the lock screen all the time when you can hide it offscreen behind another gesture eh?!

Last edited by aegis; 2014-03-19 at 09:46.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Even if the device now returns to the last used application if it is woken up within a time interval (don't remember number of seconds), the notifications/lock screen could be utilized to have a button or simple widget that is like a shortcut to maximize the last shown application. THAT would be a useful thing to have. It would be much faster than "Swipe down, ehm, where is it now, hmm, there it is, *tap*".

If this is a sort of a "feed screen", then there is hopefully some api for it to be used by the apps. For instance, the media player(s) could scroll the current song/artist name there.

A lot of system properties should be possible to enable short information texts for this screen. For instance, the IP-adress would be nice to have there (but customizable of course, enable/disable option in the "about device" or something like that).
Even applications should be able to have something customizable to be enabled for viewing there. If it is customizable by the user, it won't be cluttered down (unless user want to clutter things down).
Maybe, they could call it an "activity screen" or something like that with certain rules to it so that it doesn't become a cluttered and disorderly android widget screen. It should be part of the whole application concept, so that an application has:

* full screen view
* cover page view
* announcement/information field on "activity screen" (with possibility to turn this on or off per application).

See what I mean?

Then also, if course something should be invented for differentiating left and right swipes, not only for the now called lock screen but also for the applications screen. There could probably be other interesting uses besides choosing the ambience I think.
Why not (optionally) integrating the calendar application on one of those swipes (instead of having it launched as any other application). Alarm stuff could be integrated on such a swipe as well. There are lots of possibilities here that Jolla could embrace, once they get time and their head above the surface (pun intended).

EDIT: There is actually another possibility for this screen that I just came up with, that would fix something that I really miss. If the user on this lock screen would be able to create application groups (or folders), then if one of these groups is selected, let's say for example you click the "media apps" icon. Then the launch screen(s) could then instead get populated with the launcher icons for what that the user has placed under that category. There should be a default 'All' category of course that would make the launcher screen show everything like today.

How about that people? Jolla?

Last edited by Larswad; 2014-03-19 at 11:08.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Larswad For This Useful Post:

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"