Closed Thread
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Kristinehamn, Sweden
Guys ! cheer up! why are you doing this to him??
He's almost there, you can check wazapp.im to see that he's trying to tell us that we are almost there and it is really in final procedure.

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
Hi, I just want to clarify something. Basically the only reason I set May 1 as a release date, wasn't because the app was ready to be released, actually I had tons of bugs and work to do to make it actually usable by public without sucking. The only reason I set that date as a target was to force myself to fix all those issues before May 1, because otherwise it would have taken me like another month to do so. And I did fix all the issues I intended to fix on time, and was fully aiming to release a beta at that date. However when it came to testing a real scenario that included registration (which I rarely test) more things came up causing the delay. One of the things for example is that whatsapp registration code via SMS for some reason takes ALOT of time to arrive (I requested one yesterday which hasn't arrived yet), which makes me think of adding voice request as a fallback registration method.

So yes maybe I shouldn't have announced May 1 as a release date unless I was sure about it, but if I haven't done so, it most probably would have been next month or something, while right now it should take only some hours of work to get it ready. But anyway I owe you an apology for not releasing it at that date and I hope no one is still mad at me

The Following 74 Users Say Thank You to tgalal For This Useful Post:
guys i have a question , i installed both maemo and android on my n900 and dual boot and both are working but the problem in android it dont recognize the sim card , any one have the solution?

Originally Posted by tgalal View Post
Hi, I just want to clarify something. Basically the only reason I set May 1 as a release date, wasn't because the app was ready to be released, actually I had tons of bugs and work to do to make it actually usable by public without sucking. The only reason I set that date as a target was to force myself to fix all those issues before May 1, because otherwise it would have taken me like another month to do so. And I did fix all the issues I intended to fix on time, and was fully aiming to release a beta at that date. However when it came to testing a real scenario that included registration (which I rarely test) more things came up causing the delay. One of the things for example is that whatsapp registration code via SMS for some reason takes ALOT of time to arrive (I requested one yesterday which hasn't arrived yet), which makes me think of adding voice request as a fallback registration method.

So yes maybe I shouldn't have announced May 1 as a release date unless I was sure about it, but if I haven't done so, it most probably would have been next month or something, while right now it should take only some hours of work to get it ready. But anyway I owe you an apology for not releasing it at that date and I hope no one is still mad at me
No one is mad at you. Or I at least am not. Thank you very much for the effort you make and thanks for the information!

The Following User Says Thank You to slushie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Hong Kong

Tgalal, thanks for the update! I hope that I speak for everyone when I say no apology is necessary and no one is (or has a right to be) mad at you. Keep up the great work and only release it when you believe it's ready and usable. We would all much prefer an app that works, rather than one that doesn't. A big thanks once again!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jerex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AntiRules View Post
guys i have a question , i installed both maemo and android on my n900 and dual boot and both are working but the problem in android it dont recognize the sim card , any one have the solution?
What's this got to do with WhatsApp?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to slushie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands
Hi, I just want to clarify something. Basically the only reason I set May 1 as a release date, wasn't because the app was ready to be released, actually I had tons of ..... some hours of work to get it ready. But anyway I owe you an apology for not releasing it at that date and I hope no one is still mad at me
Every little thing gonna be all right" (Bob Marley)

@tgalal

Please, in any case you do not owe us an apology. Even if we donated, it's a donation, not a contract in any case.

Please take your time. The same crowd is pushing you to publish a pre-alpha version will complain loud when there is some bug in the app.

In any case, thanks for the update!

Take your time if that means getting an almost bug free app, which in any case is a billion times better than one infested with bugs, rushed out.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Originally Posted by AntiRules View Post
No solution, just remove the most crappy OS.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
galal-t is da, kindergarten, mastar, new tmo low, shameful, tmo not cake, trollfest, whiny_girls