Active Topics

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Well, did you tried to attach phone in mass storage and just format in in fat32?
Yes, that i did already with gparted

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Err, FileManager - N9 - LongTap
Which file manager?

But to the OP:
it is possible to recover from that on device. But possibly you need opensh or be in open mode.
devel-su
develsh
/sbin/sfdisk -l /dev/mmcblk0
will show you partition layout.
You need 'c' (W95 Fat32) for first partition /dev/mmcblk0p1. Change that with sfdisk. And then recreate file system with mkfs.vfat.
/sbin/mkfs.vfat -n MyDocs /dev/mmcblk0p1
Peterleinchen, you are the king!!! TANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH!!! Everything seem to work again: camera, whatsapp, documents, navi maps offline, ... Great!!

The Following User Says Thank You to egc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Erm, yes.
You are welcome.

Forgot to tell that you may also have had a chance (still have, but lesser chance) to recover the old files on MyDocs with testdisk or any other recovery tool from PC.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Erm, yes.
You are welcome.

Forgot to tell that you may also have had a chance (still have, but lesser chance) to recover the old files on MyDocs with testdisk or any other recovery tool from PC.
I've tried that with other tools already before, but with no luck, they couldn't find anything anymore ... maybe i'll try again with testdisk, i didn't know that one.
How do i do that? Just mount MyDocs as Mass storage on PC and then run testdisk from PC on it? Thanks!

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Yep.

(For N900 there is testdisk available in repos. But for N9 I do not know availability, maybe in openrepos.net?)

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Ok, testdisk couldn't find anything useful either (found just almost 600 *.txt files about 4 Kb which i don't know what they could be), but that is not such a tragedy.
I'm very glad i don't have to reinstall everything :-)
Thanks!!

The Following User Says Thank You to egc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I've never had much success with testdisk. I ended up writing my own recovery utility to read deleted directory entries, follow them and copy the appropriate number of clusters to a new file. It is very crude and not fit for public consumption. And it only works on deleted files, not on formatted partitions. But, if there is enough interest, I can share the source and let people use it at their own risk.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: