Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by volt View Post
No, it will not.

- Battery will hold a charge measurably shorter.
- Components will have a lower quality because of age.
- Memory will be more fragmented.
- There will be less free memory due to accumulated used and rarely used software.
- Some software might expire (typical limited Nav licence).
- Other software will be outdated when applied to real world usage (typical Flash version).
- If newer software is installed, it might run slower due to higher demands to hardware.
- The backlight will most likely have faded some.
- Paint and glass will be scratched to a certain extent.

A software update will not fix the scratches and only rarely improve the CPU speed, but is often seen to have improved the memory usage, file system, and battery life of even a worn old phone. A clean reinstall will almost always lead to a faster system.

If just used as it is for a year, a year old phone is not as good as it was a year ago. If updated, it might even be better.
If I may, case in point--my Motorola droid A855 came out about the same time as the N900 and STILL got updates as recently as March of this year. Beyond that, CyanogenMod has been chugging along and releasing even more leading edge updates. Along the way, the device has gotten EVEN MORE stable, faster and the battery life has improved DRASTICALLY (thanks to the newer JIT Dalvik engine and the new Gingerbread memory and battery management). FAR better than the device I had originally bought it as.

Originally Posted by catbus View Post
You obviously don't understand that N9 is Perfect!

Please shut the F... Up!

N9 is not for You - Go Away!
Mind you, abill is trolling for flame (seriously, dude.. settle down, please?), but... You don't sound AT ALL like an Apple fanboi, if I s/N9/iPhone/
Nope.. not at all! :P

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
And I don't think anyone is in disagreement with you regarding that.
What some of us are in disagreement about, is to what degree fixes & repairs/replacements will occur.
abill_uk for e.g. is trying to claim it'll be non-existent, I say his full-of-****.
Although, in his defense, I can't wait to see what'll happen the moment Facebook, Google+, YouTube, etc. change their API's or do something slightly different that suddenly makes it necessary to NEED an update you will never get... and I'll bet it'll happen THE DAY AFTER support ends and they never open-source that crucial bit you need.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Listen up you lot (as the yank sergeant would say).....RELAX !!!! stop being sooo dammmm serious
An American sergeant wouldn't say 'Listen up you lot'! Hahahah Maybe something like, 'LISTEN UP, MAGGOTS!' to be brash or even as courteously as 'LISTEN UP, PEOPLE!'... but they don't use 'you lot'. hahah Sorry--but it cracked me up to imagine it.

Originally Posted by Mandibela View Post
As this thread is well beyond salvation, I have a complaint to file: The damn ignore_user function is definitely not doing enough for me. It still leaves traces of *************** in quotes, and actively reminds of the blocked ones by leaving their names in the thread.

Not that I'd have any blocked ones in THIS thread... Right?
Think of it as a feature, not a bug. What? You joined in 2009--This is the same forum you got when you joined, isn't it? That functionality was always there before and that's the way it works. You should be happy you get a forum at all.

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
HA

The N9 will rule the world, at least the rest of this year -and far into the next year. Reason : Nokia late again (bait)

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokias_first...-news-3126.php
Damn! I can't challenge the master baiter! You win, man! Hands-up and stepping back. Far, far back. :P

Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
I call bullsh*t on that video....it's fake, a woman is driving a stickshift...c'mon now totally fake, why would she need Nokia Drive outside of a kitchen? :-P :-P

I'm such a comedian today.
Ugh.. fine.. here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S75Rfva9O8
Just... be sure to watch it to the end. Trust me on this.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
Guys, don't know if you have read/seen this, because i haven't been following this thread and I don't feel reading the whole thread, but anyway here it goes:
Nokia N9 64GB
Nokia N9 16GB
i hope these prices don't hold up... if they do, this whole n9 thing is a scam

The Following User Says Thank You to simpu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
N9 is abandoned in favour of Atari TOS v4 cause Atari is planning to buy Nokia.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Guys, don't know if you have read/seen this, because i haven't been following this thread and I don't feel reading the whole thread, but anyway here it goes:
Nokia N9 64GB
Nokia N9 16GB

That's worse than even the official Nokia RRP prices we've seen for some EU countries.*
Total rip off...
There will be other retailers who offer better prices than the RRP, and far better than this.

*599 & 699

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-09-13 at 18:20.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
N9 is abandoned in favour of Atari TOS v4 cause Atari is planning to buy Nokia.
Actually, TOS 4.x is ages old now. Wasn't that the one that ended up in the Falcon 030, some TT's and the Medusa systems?

Personally, I would LOVE to see a new, modern implementation of an Atari TOS style INSTANT booting chipset OS.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
If the N9 isn't a reasonable price, I'm thinking of
http://www.amazon.co.uk/HTC-Nexus-On...5939557&sr=8-1

and

http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/MSMQSD

There are probably second hand ones for much less.
At least if we are buying old hardware, pay a reasonable price for it.
[this was a dig at the n9 cpu]

Who knows maybe the n9 will boost meego if these prices are true (or even close)

But I can't believe they are, as how are they going to sell an n9 in "secondary" markets for that price? to who?
Unless this is part of a strategy to make the iphone 5 look really cheap?

Last edited by deadmalc; 2011-09-13 at 23:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to deadmalc For This Useful Post:
nexus one is a classic

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hotnikkelz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
nexus one is a classic
Why? In what context?

Nokia N9 64GB
Nokia N9 16GB
Totally overpriced.

See this Swiss shops (644 CHF for the 64 GB = ca. 550 €)
http://www.toppreise.ch/index.php?se...kia+N9&sRes=OK

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to delmar For This Useful Post:
In many context. At the time, it was the best vanilla android, highest benchmarks, basically started the cyanogenmod madness, and had goodies like trackball notifications etc etc. Classic android device imo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hotnikkelz For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????