Active Topics

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Sure, this would have been fun for my N810, and... Well, it turns out that it is fun, hehe. (Thanks, Tim!) I think my N810 went to a better cause, though.

Tim

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by lardman View Post
Probably down to the vfp so best remove the "-mfpu=vfp" bit. I'd be tempted to remove the -mcpu bit completely and do two versions, a softfloat one for 770 and a vfp one for n8x0. If you're using a fixed point engine, then one build without any of those options would be the best bet.
Mine works, so "-mfpu=vfp" is not a problem.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
You can't play it on one with keyboard too For now...
Oh yes I can!

I wasn't referring to a Nokia Itablet (and most certainly not to that Itablet from Hell, the N810)

You can? Now? I don't think Pandora hit the streets

And i was more referring to a future omap3 embrace by Nokia (that's is inevitable, mister Anderson, um, Jansens

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ MI, USA
I'm still standing by what I posted long ago about that Nokia is missing a huge opportunity for gaming on this platform, and 1 reason why I think they really missed the boat with the design of the N810. they really needed to keep the D-Pad on the front and they needed to add something like shoulder buttons and a 4 button layout on top as well.

I'm excited to see games like Crayola hopefully (and finally) coming onto this platform, as many games that are currently on the DS (N+ and Line Rider are just 2 examples) would be great if not even better on NIT's because of the screen size and resolution and especially the on-line possibilties.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
You can? Now? I don't think Pandora hit the streets

And i was more referring to a future omap3 embrace by Nokia (that's is inevitable, mister Anderson, um, Jansens
Pandora will have a keyboard, but I played it on my PC tablet.

A Tablet PC is not even close to a NIT (size/power/weight)... In fact it is a laptop with touchscreen.

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Originally Posted by tme View Post
levels and fixes welcome as i'm really short of time to spend on this lately.
This game is awesome and works perfect, thanks tme.
Please make an easy way to create more levels and save them (on mmc if is possible, so we can share them).
I want more levels!

Last edited by ioan; 2008-04-03 at 17:32.

I've installed last night too... and totally hooked all ready.

a way to create and share levels sounds brilliant. ... I could see a real online community developing with hard levels created and challenges set by users.

Would be cool to save your solution to a level too, so other folk could see how you completed it.

That said - I love the simplicity and the fact that there is no scoring, so you simply have to complete a level and there's no worries about how you do it, or how many moves it takes you... so it's still fun to go back and do the same level and do it a different way.

some of the finest playability I've ever seen.

Originally Posted by ioan View Post
This game is awesome and works perfect, thanks tme.
Please make an easy way to create more levels and save them (on mmc if is possible, so we can share them).
I want more levels!
it has a built in level editor, so get creating! send new levels to me or to the list. instructions of sorts on the home page:
http://numptyphysics.garage.maemo.org/

ok, so it's a little rudimentary but it does the job (mostly) and where it doesn't you can edit the level files in a text editor.

The Following User Says Thank You to tme For This Useful Post: