Posts: 55 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ India
Originally Posted by agadou View Post
Here is the screenshot of prey rapport :

I don't have the front cam pic

if the device is locked the screenshot of the lock screen will be captured, otherwise it will be a black image. not sure why this happens. might be due to aegis user permissions.
i dont think screenshot is useful for n950. if anybody thinks otherwise, i can try to fix it.

regarding webcam, have u enabled it on the control panel? if so can you post the contents of /var/log/prey2.log, with only webcam enabled on the controlpanel

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
what about an n900 version?
try this post

if those instructions dont work. you can try to extract prey folder from the 'deb' to /opt, then search and remove all occurrences of 'aegis-exec' from the scripts inside this folder, install all dependencies, and run /opt/prey/platform/linux/prey-config.py to configure your device.
unfortunately i dont own an N900, so cant support it

The Following User Says Thank You to student4life For This Useful Post:
Hello,

thanks for porting Prey to the N9. I installed it today and played around with it a bit. So far basically it works.

What I can't get to work are front cam screenshots and the wifi scan. I forced the screen to stay on but all i get is a black screenshot along with status bar.

Logfile: http://pastebin.com/AJiBMHvF

Any hints?

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
So I've successfully received report containing pic from front camera and location. Screenshot didn't work, even though I was using the phone and the screen wasn't locked.

Location is off by a few kms.. mostly because it used WiFi and not the GPS. Just wondering.. if it's not connected to WiFi, what happens? Does it try to use GPS? How would it be informed that it's "missing"?

If the lock device feature is implemented or can be.. this would be a perfect replacement for T&P.

Thanks a lot dude

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
Location is off by a few kms.. mostly because it used WiFi and not the GPS. Just wondering.. if it's not connected to WiFi, what happens? Does it try to use GPS?
I experienced that as well. GPS locates me exactly where I am however Prey does not seem to make use of it. I got three reports and all three locations differed by several kilometres.

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
^ so, the GPS location isn't sent back as an argument.. ?

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

Originally Posted by brkn View Post
What I can't get to work are front cam screenshots and the wifi scan. I forced the screen to stay on but all i get is a black screenshot along with status bar.

Logfile: http://pastebin.com/AJiBMHvF

Any hints?
from the log it seems ur camera is not accessible to prey (camera not ready error). is some other app using camera module?
if not, can you run the following command as root and check if image is captured

/opt/prey/bin/takePhoto 1 /tmp/trial.jpg

I experienced that as well. GPS locates me exactly where I am however Prey does not seem to make use of it. I got three reports and all three locations differed by several kilometres.
i'm using a python/pyside script for geolocating. I'm not specifically setting any source, and the script uses the default positioning method of the platform. It was tested using GPRS and usbNet connection and was working fine. have you disabled GPS in the settings? if not can you run the following command and verify that the lat and long coordinates printed out are correct?

/opt/prey/bin/showcoordinates

Originally Posted by student4life View Post
Code:
/opt/prey/bin/takePhoto 1 /tmp/trial.jpg
Works perfectly. Frontcam pic is taken.

Originally Posted by student4life View Post
Code:
/opt/prey/bin/showcoordinates
Works perfectly. Coordinates are correct (GPS is enabled).

Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
So I've successfully received report containing pic from front camera and location. Screenshot didn't work, even though I was using the phone and the screen wasn't locked.

Location is off by a few kms.. mostly because it used WiFi and not the GPS. Just wondering.. if it's not connected to WiFi, what happens? Does it try to use GPS? How would it be informed that it's "missing"?

If the lock device feature is implemented or can be.. this would be a perfect replacement for T&P.

Thanks a lot dude
Screeshot does not work, see my reply a few posts back for the reason.

for geolocation prey is not using WiFi, but the default source in QGeoPositionInfoSource from a python script.

The device should be connected to internet either through GPRS or WiFi, for prey to work. Currently, prey periodically checks the control panel for status change using a daemon. Other methods of triggering can also be considered

Regarding locking: does anyone know how to lock the device from terminal? If that is possible, i can include implement in the next release

Works perfectly. Frontcam pic is taken.

Works perfectly. Coordinates are correct (GPS is enabled).
still both are not available/correct in the control panel report?