Hi everybody,

I just installed a Debian developer system manually (including SSH and SSHFS), then I logged onto an N900 via SSH (ssh root@192.168.2.15), changed fuse permissions (chmod 666 /dev/fuse) and wanted to mount my Debian project folder to a folder on the N900 (su - user; sshfs maemo@192.168.2.14:/scratchbox/users/maemo/home/maemo dev). This lead to an error:
Code:
sshfs read: Connection reset by peer
Since most other threads seem to discuss the case of mounting it the other way around (and don't mention the error) I'm unsure how to solve this issue. Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Dorfmeister

Come on, guys. I really need a solution for this - it renders my whole developer image useless. Please help me out on this.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Hmmm, I had the same problem until I did the chmod 0666 /dev/fuse, but then the problem went away...

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister View Post
This lead to an error:
Code:
sshfs read: Connection reset by peer
Since most other threads seem to discuss the case of mounting it the other way around (and don't mention the error) I'm unsure how to solve this issue. Any suggestions are highly appreciated.
Well, if the connection is being reset by the peer (= your debian system), you might want to have a look at the logs there to figure out where the problem is..

What happens if you just ssh maemo@192.168.2.14
Are you able to login normally?

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
It's a bit late trying to help fix this now, this thread is almost 2 years old.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
On the Internet, nothing ever goes away!

I found the thread when looking for the solution myself, but there was no help. Then I managed to fix the problem myself, so I posted what worked for me so that the next poor sod might have some help. It's all about adding to the noosphere! ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to stefanmohl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by stefanmohl View Post
On the Internet, nothing ever goes away!

I found the thread when looking for the solution myself, but there was no help. Then I managed to fix the problem myself, so I posted what worked for me so that the next poor sod might have some help. It's all about adding to the noosphere! ;-)
Well, he had already done what you had posted as a solution, and I wasn't actually criticising you posting what worked for you, my comment was directed to reinob. But my point was, there is no point asking him for more information because he is no longer active here and either he won't be interested now or will have sorted it. As an aside his issue could be that he didn't actually start a ssh server on the machine he is trying to connect to, or it could be misconfigured, but without feedback from him we won't know what his problem was caused by.

The Following User Says Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post: