Active Topics

i'm using Estel's image (thanks man !!! ) but i couldn't map the "ç". Tried
Code:
key <BKSP>	{ type[Group1] = "PC_FN_LEVEL2", symbols[Group1] = [	BackSpace,ccedilla	] };
but no sucess... Does anybody knows how to do it ?
Thanks.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
The problem is that when you plug in the USB cable, the N900 tries to dismount and make all of its SD partitions and the MyDocs partition available to the PC as external drives. If an image file on one of those partitions is mounted as the chroot on the N900, it can't dismount the partitions.

@qole:
Negative, I don't use image file for ED at all - I have dedicated, independent partition for ED (on eMMC). Yet, as You can see from OP and my reports, MyDocs and SD card is unmounted *properly*, yet, MyDocs fail to mount again. It happens only, when ED chroot is active (i.e. mounted, not necessary in direct use).

Originally Posted by saponga View Post
i'm using Estel's image (thanks man !!! ) but i couldn't map the "ç". Tried
Code:
key <BKSP>	{ type[Group1] = "PC_FN_LEVEL2", symbols[Group1] = [	BackSpace,ccedilla	] };
but no sucess... Does anybody knows how to do it ?
Thanks.
Does it works for You on Maemo, via hardware keyboard remapping? If yes, just copy rx-51 file (as per my instructions from few posts back) into Easy Debian, and, from within it, execute setxkbmap <Your language code>.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-04-20 at 16:41.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
@Estel
When you do NOT have your chroot partition mounted on the N900, does your PC mount that partition when you connect the phone?

=Does it works for You on Maemo, via hardware keyboard remapping?/Estel
Nope. But on Maemo i use the virtual kb. Right now im using on ED "dead_cedilla + c" but since i saw "ccedilla" on rx-51 im trying set it up. Never mind !!! Is just one more tap. Thanks for replay. Your .img rocks !!!

The Following User Says Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qole View Post
@Estel
When you do NOT have your chroot partition mounted on the N900, does your PC mount that partition when you connect the phone?
Nope, it only mount MyDocs and MMC as usual. With chroot mounted PC also mounts usual pair - the difference is that after closing mass storage mode, MyDocs isn't mounted again by N900, if chroot mount is present. MMC is mounted fine, ho ever.

Another weird thing is that, with chroot mounted, MMC in mass storage mode is accessible from both N900 and PC - that is, it doesn't get unmounted from N900, during mass storage mode enabling (no error about it being in use appears, and it's accessible for read&write for Maemo and PC simultaneously - with possible risk of filesystem corruption, if both would try to write same file at same time.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by Estel View Post

As for chromium extensions - I've already incorporated "Scrollbars anywhere", which is (AFAIK) most customizable "touch scroll" thing for Chromium. Using it, I was able to enable "drop and drag" (also on text/images), while still retaining capability to select text/drop page elements/whatever. I'm pretty sure everyone will find fancy customization mix for own liking. I also checked it for backdoors, at least as much as my limited skills permit

/Estel
How does this work? Is it really included in your latest image? If so, how do I active it?

Thanks for your image!

Edit:
Found this on the command line...
CJ PLUGIN: thread 0x2b81bc28: NP_GetValue return
[12594:12594:21132130036:ERROR:chrome/browser/extensions/extension_error_reporter.cc(53)] Extension error: Could not load extension from '/home/user/Downloads/scrollbars-anywhere'. Manifest file is missing or unreadable.

Last edited by Wille_W; 2012-04-21 at 13:23. Reason: Updated information

The Following User Says Thank You to Wille_W For This Useful Post:
IIRC, qole said that he fixed it in latest version of image (included already). Do You use version from His server?

In case You don't want to replace image just for that, You can (re)install extension manually, as per my instruction (bundled in last 10-15 pages of this thread, include "cheating" google store to actually download extension).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
IIRC, qole said that he fixed it in latest version of image (included already). Do You use version from His server?

In case You don't want to replace image just for that, You can (re)install extension manually, as per my instruction (bundled in last 10-15 pages of this thread, include "cheating" google store to actually download extension).

/Estel
Image downloaded today from his server..

I will look into that and see if I make it.

//Wille

Hello again!

I have fixed the "Scrollbars anywhere" extension but now I can't get java applets to work.

GCJ PLUGIN: thread 0x2b821c68: NP_Initialize
GCJ PLUGIN: thread 0x2b821c68: plugin_test_appletviewer
GCJ PLUGIN: thread 0x2b821c68: plugin_test_appletviewer return
GCJ PLUGIN: thread 0x2b821c68: NP_Initialize: using /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/../../bin/pluginappletviewer
GCJ PLUGIN: thread 0x2b821c68: NP_Initialize return
GCJ PLUGIN: thread 0x2b821c68: GCJ_New
GCJ PLUGIN: thread 0x2b821c68: plugin_data_new
GCJ PLUGIN: thread 0x2b821c68: plugin_data_new return
GCJ PLUGIN: thread 0x2b821c68: plugin_get_documentbase
Invalid pipe names provided. Refusing to proceed.

Any ideas? Does it work for you?

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze