Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gill_za View Post
From wikipedia:

"a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community" - This definition does not apply here

MMS was not available from the start, and is now available as an application only (i honestly could care less for that function so I never bothered to investigate more). Navigation oh well it was the same as on android when it was just released, no turn by turn, while the same function was provided on the lower end phones about which nokia cared even less.

Of course you are right that these two are not the Burning issues with the phone that was marketed as an experiment, for early adopters, but you have to agree even if this is step 4 or whatever before the final product, usually prototypes contain all the features (and more) present in the final product albeit greatly polished.

What happened here is that the current platform was, for the lack of a better word, dropped and a completely new one was adopted for future phones. So n900 remains step 4 and a final step in its line...

IMO Nokia marketed the device in such a way that it mislead many of its costumers, and those comments is an expected outcome of that campaign
what is the difference? fMMS works now just as it would be made by nokia. (ahem iPhone)

and the turn by turn alternative was announced pretty early. (ahem iPhone)

the point is: people have had huge expectations with completely false logic behind them. it isn't my fault, is it? (still I have to see all that stupid *****ing here and everywhere...)
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
what is the difference? fMMS works now just as it would be made by nokia. (ahem iPhone)
Not really, there is still a Bug with in my opinion only a dirty workaround:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9500

Haven't seen a fix for this... and I'm sure we won't see. It's based on this one: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9476
And this is a WONTFIX for Nokia. Perhaps we will see this in maemo6 Harmattan / meego 1.0 by default. But not at Maemo 5.

I wan't a proper working autoconnection (W-LAN / GPRS) and don't want to select my connection 20 times a day manually. So, for me we have no working MMS implementation.

And now back to the topic.

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by gill_za View Post
What happened here is that the current platform was, for the lack of a better word, dropped and a completely new one was adopted for future phones.
You may want to compare MeeGo and Maemo and then think again about this statement.

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I don't get Nokia....
If it's something that's worth waiting until july 30... why is this posted as "just for fun" !?

let me guess, on july 30, it will say: Thanks for waiting.... and have a good time...

yeah that would piss me off too... and will be very angry....!

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Please guys, enough of fMMS talk, MeeGO talk, and MAEMO5 comparison with MeeGO. Let lay it to rest for now. Let's help me guess on what is Nokia planing to do at the end of the month! I'll be really angry if Nokia doing something silly again. Please Nokia officially support N900 with MeeGO.

The guy is angry because Apple conducted a receiption test on a Nokia N97mini.

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
maxximuscool is angry because I corrected his spelling mistake of
receiption instead of reception
ROFL

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Please guys, enough of fMMS talk, MeeGO talk, and MAEMO5 comparison with MeeGO. Let lay it to rest for now. Let's help me guess on what is Nokia planing to do at the end of the month! I'll be really angry if Nokia doing something silly again. Please Nokia officially support N900 with MeeGO.

The guy is angry because Apple conducted a receiption test on a Nokia N97mini.
I actually think... WE are the angry guy... we want to know what it is... and they let us keep waiting and waiting like always, so we get angry...

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
The guy is angry because anything Nokia say come end of July will be underwhelming, after all these spirited diatribes. It's all gonna be another anticlimactic nokia marketing masterpiece.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
He's just bought a n900 in Australia or some third world country and found out his device was already obsolete.

The Following User Says Thank You to imperiallight For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Improbable and more realistic guesses, in random order

It maybe have something to do with CEO replacement
http://business.financialpost.com/20...o-replace-ceo/

Or with E5 release
http://www.knowyourmobile.com/blog/5...g_july_30.html

Or with iPhone release in other countries

Or with Ovi Maps update (or Maemo update or MeeGo release) (only rumours, no proof)

Or Symbian

Or http://beta.nokia.ie/

Or anything else!

I'm not a Nokia insider to know their whim beforehand.

Tags
bought n900, misstep, n900 owner, nokia, ovi store, ovitards, shitty comics, wtf comics!?