Notices

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by basse View Post
I'll try installing the sqlite backend manually.
OK, I uninstalled maecalories, installed libgda3-sqlite manually, and then reinstalled maecalories again. Unfortunately it didn't change a thing. I still get the very same error message.

OK, I uninstalled maecalories, installed libgda3-sqlite manually, and then reinstalled maecalories again. Unfortunately it didn't change a thing. I still get the very same error message.
Weird, maybe the libgda3-sqlite package is broken... I would recommend testing with something else that uses libgda3-sqlite but can't think of anything right from the top of my head.

Any progress on debugging the missing database connection problem? Or any suggestions as to what I could try myself to fix it?

Any progress on debugging the missing database connection problem? Or any suggestions as to what I could try myself to fix it?
Sorry, haven't been able to reproduce (haven't really tried that hard either: I have only one device and use it day-to-day work etc so doing weird stuff to intentionally break it is not an option).

But I sent a note to a guy who might be able to help you debug this in more detail.

Edit: Figured it out, I wasn't depending on a specific version of libmidgard and you have a newer version that uses libdga4, install libgda4-sqlite

Edit2: 0.5.6 in extras-devel (I have not tested it myself yet, need to go now will test later in the evening)

Last edited by rambo; 2010-06-03 at 13:23. Reason: got it

The Following User Says Thank You to rambo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rambo View Post
Edit2: 0.5.6 in extras-devel (I have not tested it myself yet, need to go now will test later in the evening)
Thanks to the new packaging I finally managed to install maecalories from extras-devel, and even to get it to run. But when I try to input my anything it segfaults with the following error message:
Code:
Got user #2: Maemo, User
storage.instance.update_caches() reports: ppd_c=0.0, ppw_c=0.0, nppw_c=0.0
Segmentation fault
I also found out that you cannot use the character "," as decimal separator, and for some strange reason I can only input "." with the virtual keyboard. Here's the error message:
Code:
File "/opt/maecalories/libs/pointslog.py", line 81, in save
entry.points = float(self.points.get_text())
ValueError: invalid literal for float(): 1,5
Segmentation fault
Any ideas?

Edit: Found new errors

Last edited by basse; 2010-06-04 at 06:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to basse For This Useful Post:
Thanks to the new packaging I finally managed to install maecalories from extras-devel, and even to get it to run. But when I try to input my anything it segfaults with the following error message:
Code:
Got user #2: Maemo, User
storage.instance.update_caches() reports: ppd_c=0.0, ppw_c=0.0, nppw_c=0.0
Segmentation fault
Bah, I need to try and reproduce this while running the sw in gdb.

I also found out that you cannot use the character "," as decimal separator, and for some strange reason I can only input "." with the virtual keyboard. Here's the error message:
Code:
File "/opt/maecalories/libs/pointslog.py", line 81, in save
entry.points = float(self.points.get_text())
ValueError: invalid literal for float(): 1,5
Segmentation fault
I was thinking already earlier that I should probably do automagical comma->dot replacement in these, note that the keyboard is in the "number & special characters" -mode so dot definitely should be there somewhere unless your locale is truly weird, for HW keyboard this practically means that Fn is locked and to input non-Fn chars you need press Fn.

for HW keyboard this practically means that Fn is locked and to input non-Fn chars you need press Fn.
Ok, this explains it. I didn't know this. The rest of the problems are still there, though.

Bah, I need to try and reproduce this while running the sw in gdb.
I can confirm this behavour. I just installed 0.5.6 and got the same problem. It runs but after entering log entries the above mentionend seg fault appeared. If you need any help in testing etc. please let me know. (I can program python pretty well but I am a maemo newbie)

Greg

Hi,

I debuged the segmentation fault and found that the problem is probably in midgard:

/opt/maecalories/libs $ python
Python 2.5.4 (r254:67916, Nov 26 2009, 22:24:46)
[GCC 4.2.1] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import storage
>>> entry = storage.midgard.mgdschema.org_maemo_garage_maecalo ries_weightlog()
>>> entry.time
datetime.datetime(1, 1, 1, 0, 0)
>>> import datetime
>>> entry.time = datetime.datetime(2010,1,1,8,2)
Segmentation fault

/opt/maecalories/libs $ python
Python 2.5.4 (r254:67916, Nov 26 2009, 22:24:46)
[GCC 4.2.1] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import _midgard
>>> _midgard.version
'10.05.0'
>>>

Do I have the wrong version?

Greg

Originally Posted by horli View Post
Hi,

I debuged the segmentation fault and found that the problem is probably in midgard:
many thanks (I simply haven't had the time), please contact Piotras (piotrek.pokora at gmail) with your debug info, he'll fix the issue/help more with Midgard core debugging.