Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
OMG!!!

We have all made purchases we regret. Again while some of the points you are making have inklings of truth, you need to understand that some people are/were dying to get their hands on a linux device, and while you would like to see it dummied down, others enjoy the complexity (if you choose to call it that). I prefer to call it flexibility. I enjoy being able to run an OS that I can alter down to the core, and get it to do exactly what I want. I dreamed of the day when I would purchase a Zaurus and was extremely happy when the n770 was born. While I understand your perspective, you need to understand, that while you need to warn people of your mistake and tell them not to make the same one, you also need to recognize that lots of other people are happy with thier purchases, and happy with Nokia for the most part. And not make blanket remarks about the device as a whole, while you clearly do not understand it.
We appear to dream similar dreams.

Do you also get the one with the giant bunnies with Uzis and they follow you and the only way out is through a Windows Vista desktop but you don't ever wanna get near that I'll take the Uzis thankyouverymuch...

That's usually when I wake up.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Hey, we're all entitled to our opinions. But, in all seriousness, you've misconstrued what I said, Karel, taking the remarks farther than they were obviously intended. But then, there's the subjectivity again.

(and everything's relative, including the perception of wrath)
I still do love my Nokias, but I'm not going to call them Internet Tablets again.

If anything, they're UMPCs, but differently so.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post

Do you also get the one with the giant bunnies with Uzis and they follow you and the only way out is through a Windows Vista desktop but you don't ever wanna get near that I'll take the Uzis thankyouverymuch...

http://www.myspaceofgames.com/game/1424.html

Description:
Use your two uzi sub machine guns together or separate and gun down those invading robot rabbits.

This is how I overcame my horrible dreams of evil rabbits!!!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
As I recall, there is some kind of Bible reader in the SOFTWARE area linked to on the top right of this site, listed in the Religious category. I don't know if it works...

Nope, mine are penguins; with umbrellas.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I still do love my Nokias, but I'm not going to call them Internet Tablets again.

If anything, they're UMPCs, but differently so.
We can agree again.

I think "Internet Tablet" was a very, very wrong name.

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
http://www.myspaceofgames.com/game/1424.html
AAAAAARRGHHH!!!!!!

Someone made a game of my nightmare!!!

Blue pill! Blue pill!!!

Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Nope, mine are penguins; with umbrellas.
Funnily enough, I collect penguins, but none have ever figured in my nightmares. Weird.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
@remjax

After re-reading your post, I decided to give my N800 one more try. I downloaded Canola, and one or two other apps. Rather than trying to use this as a biz device, I will try it out as a connection/media player (still needs a bit of help)/email (loads needed)/etc.... device.

From this prospective it is not terrible. It is not ready for the mass market but for early adopters and gadget people, it is okay.

I returned my second n800 yesterday due too the reboot issue...so i'm on my 3rd one typing this...but i dig the little thing so much i can't give up on it yet...and with the new os update, i might just have stabile one now...fingers crossed...

Last edited by camit34; 2007-03-29 at 16:41.