Posts: 51 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Can we expect anyone to bother to port the "new" Google Hangouts protocol (currently available as a standalone application) into the Jolla native Telepathy messaging system?
And the same question about irc (which used to be available on Maemo), would this happen with telepathy-haze?
Thanks for any info you can provide. Inb4 "write it yourself".

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to extechop For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
IRC can also be supported by telepathy-idle, if I remember correctly?..

I expect that compiling telepathy-haze for Jolla would be easier than creating a telepathy-hangouts. Still, somebody could take it on...

Thank you. Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by extechop View Post
Can we expect anyone to bother to port the "new" Google Hangouts protocol (currently available as a standalone application) into the Jolla native Telepathy messaging system?
Turns out word from up on high is that Google will not be dropping support for XMPP at least for now. So I guess my original question has become somewhat moot. Native irc support would be nice, though.

The Following User Says Thank You to extechop For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
It would pee me and I hope many others if we got another Google service before they've finished SIP.

Tags
hangouts, irc client, telepathy, telepathy-haze