Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
You guys just made a tragedy out of a very simple operation Google could help you with.

Last edited by DarkSkies; 2012-10-10 at 03:32.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
that might be true, but it tried to search for a solution with google and could not find a clear answer to this problem.. So i asked here, couse here are a lot of people who can help me..

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
You guys just made a tragedy out of a very simple operation Google could help you with.
And who do you think will write it so that Google could find it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Is the 64 Gb N9 also concerned by this non optimal factory formatting ? Do we have to reformat it in FAT32 4kb too ? I suppose the answer is yes

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Yveus View Post
Is the 64 Gb N9 also concerned by this non optimal factory formatting ? Do we have to reformat it in FAT32 4kb too ? I suppose the answer is yes
Yes go ahead but you won't see the same great improvements due to the 57GB partition being much larger than the 9GB on the 16gb variants...Of course there is an improvement just not that leap...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-10-18 at 18:14. Reason: s/1gb/16gb

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Yveus View Post
IF you manage to get such a large partition formatted with such small block size. I reformatted the 27 GB of my N900 on Windows (it seemed simpler that way) and the smallest block size it let me choose was 8 KB.

BTW there is a tradeoff. Smaller block size means there are more blocks to cover the same disk space, which means the FAT size gets bigger. This may sound like not a big deal - after all, the saving by having less space wasted more than compensates for that - but the FAT is normally kept in memory which means a lot on memory-strapped devices like ours.