So, what's the minimal price?

Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
For this price you can only buy broken N950s.
There's a working one on eBay currently sitting in that price range, I can vouch for it because it's my old N950. I sent it to a guy in Scotland for a Uni project, I told him to keep it but he isn't going to use it. There's some scratches on the rubber SIM card cover but other than that it's in great condition and full working order. I'm not very comfortable that it's being sold, but all money raised is coming to me for my Philippines Red Cross collection. Truthfully, only that the reserve has been met already I'd have pulled the auction and would have sent it to @jpetrise to replace his broken one. These devices shouldn't be sold, but here we are.

It was at 310 pounds/370 euros earlier, I thought it was low and it's due to end tomorrow too. If there isn't a lot of interest in it then it could be worth a try for someone. People will be weighing up if it's better to get a new Jolla for a little more or go with the older but more exclusive N950.

Its the one I used in the videos in my signature, and I hope it stays within the community.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...d=151175004171

Edit: we've had queries from overseas bidders. The auction is set as local but if you're a member here (and trustworthy :P) let me know and I'll tell him to try adding you to exception list. I'd rather someone here get it and appreciate it than a reseller trying to sell it on for a profit. Bids are restricted to ebayers with positive feedback only, can't accept bids from brand new or negative rated accounts.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2013-12-01 at 22:27.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
These devices shouldn't be sold, but here we are.
At this point, do you care about the contract?
Who knows.. MS lawyers might have advised Nokia to wait until the device has been sold x times and charge you the x-fold of the usual fee as is common practice by the music industry.

Other than that, the world deserves to know that "quality control issue with the HWKB hinges" detected by US operators was ********.

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
At this point, do you care about the contract?
Yeah I do, to be honest I've been annoyed at others selling the device and now I find myself in basically the same position. I'm embarassed by how this has happened. I think it's just courtesy when you get a free device that you make efforts to give it to someone else first before you make any gain from it. I don't know if the contract still exists with the new Nokia, but the principle of the thing is still there.

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
The price will go up in the last 10 minutes of bid. That's what usually happens to ebay.

Even there are a lot of (confidential) prototypes being sold around, who really cares about a released but developer-only Nokia device?

Plus I'm not a developer, I bought N950s from others.

All these N950 related threads are full of "you shouldn't sell it" debates. If you respect the Nokia agreement, then stick with it.

And otherwise who cares? I saw dozens of N950s been sold in these two years.

I thank to the first person who sold me the device - otherwise I will never get love with such a nice product.

The Following User Says Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nokia-N950-R...-/251394506253

re-listed on ebay. only its cheaper now!

My old N950 just sold for £325/€392. There were 19 ebayers 'watching' the listing but only 3 bids were made, so there wasn't much interest in the end. It's a great phone for someone, it's as good as any N950 out there, but it looks like it has gone to a phone reseller who'll sell it on to someone else to make a profit. After eBay and PayPal fees I should end up with about £280/€338 and that will all be donated to the Philippines Red Cross.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Anyone selling/ giving away?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

I saw the article for a month or two, maybe more...He is not selling, he's just stupid. :-)

Last edited by izzox; 2013-12-25 at 07:39.

Tags
nokia n950, nonsense, selling n950