Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Alecsandru View Post
do you recomend kernel power51 or the 52 one bofore update to cssu
I am on kernel-cssu so cannot recommend either

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

where is the kernel cssu? what version?

Originally Posted by sup View Post
I see. And what exactly? I installed csthumb using the gui method described in the first post (well, linked from there to the wiki), but then I just used to do apt-get update && apt-get upgrade. Is that not recommended (HAM is so slow and bothersome compared to apt-get).

Anyway, I tried to update using HAM and it offered me mp-fremantle-community-pr but it failed because of missing package maemo-optify-runonce which i could not find in HAM.
The recommended and supported way for doing system upgrades is through HAM. HAM is not just a front-end to apt-get, it takes care of additional stuff(which I am not going to describe here).

However, I don't know why maemo-optify-runonce is not installed on your system, but both -generic-pr and -community-pr depend on it, so you should either find a way to install it or reflash.

You may try to create "/targets/links/scratchbox.config" on your device and try to install maemo-optify-runonce. Didn't test that, just an idea. Don't forget to remove it afterwards.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
The recommended and supported way for doing system upgrades is through HAM. HAM is not just a front-end to apt-get, it takes care of additional stuff(which I am not going to describe here).
I see. I did not know that, maybe you could add it to the first post in this thread and to the wiki.

However, I don't know why maemo-optify-runonce is not installed on your system, but both -generic-pr and -community-pr depend on it, so you should either find a way to install it or reflash.

You may try to create "/targets/links/scratchbox.config" on your device and try to install maemo-optify-runonce. Didn't test that, just an idea. Don't forget to remove it afterwards.
You mean just running `touch /targets/links/scratchbox.config" or something more?

You mean just running `touch /targets/links/scratchbox.config" or something more?
I guess you should create the directory tree "/targets/links/" first

Community SSU developer

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Texas, USA
When I try to upgrade to CCSU Thumb with HAM it says that I must connect to the Nokia PC Suite and upgrade using that. It doesn't give me an option to proceed. Ideas?

I guess you should create the directory tree "/targets/links/" first
Well, that installs maemo-optify-runonce (and I can see why seeing DEBIAN/preinst - no idea why it failed, though, as I have - I think - enough free space). After that, I can install mp-fremantle-community-pr, which pulls the csthumb version of zlibg1, which causes a reboot loop. Any idea why that might be? Is the only difference between stock version and csthumb version the compilation flag?

Edit: Is zlib1g (which is a compression library) used during boot at all?

Originally Posted by mooninite View Post
When I try to upgrade to CCSU Thumb with HAM it says that I must connect to the Nokia PC Suite and upgrade using that. It doesn't give me an option to proceed. Ideas?
If I've got this right, go to Details, give it a few seconds, then a Problems* tab should appear. That should tell you what the issue is.

* I may have the name wrong, but the sentiment will be the same. It will appear instead of the Installation tab.

The Following User Says Thank You to skanky For This Useful Post:
holy s**t , it's like a new phone , thank you for this release of cssu

The Following User Says Thank You to Alecsandru For This Useful Post:
Well, that installs maemo-optify-runonce (and I can see why seeing DEBIAN/preinst - no idea why it failed, though, as I have - I think - enough free space). After that, I can install mp-fremantle-community-pr, which pulls the csthumb version of zlibg1, which causes a reboot loop. Any idea why that might be? Is the only difference between stock version and csthumb version the compilation flag?

Edit: Is zlib1g (which is a compression library) used during boot at all?
Do you have extras-testing and extras-devel repos enabled? Disable those if yes.

Try to upgrade through HAM. If that fails too, post your zlibg1 and libxml2 versions.

Community SSU developer

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life