Hi,

while removing a package with only a file and no dependencies, nor anything depending on it (not dangerous at all). I have got a message telling that some process are running without file which has been removed. I have written zypper ps and I get the following:
zypper ps |more
Los siguientes procesos en ejecución utilizan archivos eliminados:

Code:
PID   | PPID  | UID    | Inicio de sesión | Comando                | Servicio | Archivos    

------+-------+--------+------------------+------------------------+----------+--------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1     | 0     | 0      | root             | systemd                |          | /lib/libnss_f
iles-2.19.so (path dev=0,15)                                                       
      |       |        |                  |                        |          | /usr/lib/libl
zma.so.5.0.4 (path dev=0,15)                                                       
      |       |        |                  |                        |          | /usr/lib/liba
ttr.so.1.1.0 (path dev=0,15)                                                       
      |       |        |                  |                        |          | /lib/libc-2.1
9.so (path dev=0,15)                                                               
      |       |        |                  |                        |          | /lib/systemd/
systemd (path dev=0,15)                                                            
      |       |        |                  |                        |          | /lib/libpthre
ad-2.19.so (path dev=0,15)                                                         
      |       |        |                  |                        |          | /usr/lib/libs
ystemd-daemon.so.0.0.10 (path dev=0,15)                                            
      |       |        |                  |                        |          | /usr/lib/libz
.so.1.2.8 (path dev=0,15)                                                          
      |       |        |                  |                        |          | /lib/libdl-2.
19.so (path dev=0,15)                                                              
      |       |        |                  |                        |          | /usr/lib/libc
ap.so.2.24 (path dev=0,15)                                                         
      |       |        |                  |                        |          | /lib/ld-2.19.
so (path dev=0,15)                                                                 
      |       |        |                  |                        |          | /usr/lib/libk
mod.so.2.2.5 (path dev=0,15)                                                       
      |       |        |                  |                        |          | /usr/lib/libu
dev.so.1.4.0 (path dev=0,15)                                                       
      |       |        |                  |                        |          | /lib/libpam.s
o.0.83.1 (path dev=0,15)                                                           
      |       |        |                  |                        |          | /lib/librt-2.
19.so (path dev=0,15)                                                              
      |       |        |                  |                        |          | /usr/lib/libd
bus-1.so.3.7.12 (path dev=0,15)                                                    
      |       |        |                  |                        |          | /lib/libgcc_s
-4.8.3.so.1 (path dev=0,15)                                                        
180   | 1     | 0      | root             | systemd-journald       |          | /usr/lib/libg
pg-error.so.0.8.0 (path dev=0,15)                                                  
      |       |        |                  |                        |          | /usr/lib/liba
ttr.so.1.1.0 (path dev=0,15)                                                       
      |       |        |                  |                        |          | /lib/libdl-2.
19.so (path dev=0,15)                                                              
      |       |        |                  |                        |          | /lib/systemd/
systemd-journald (path dev=0,15)                                                   
      |       |        |                  |                        |          | /lib/librt-2.
I have check and some files are missing (where there before??) like /lib/libnss_f, but some are present like lib/libc-2.1
9.so

Everything seems to be working fine (altough I haven't rebooted just in case). Do you think i should do anything? Do you have similar messages when you run zypper ps?

What did you remove?

hmm that shouldn't cause a problem, have you attempted to reboot since?

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
hmm that shouldn't cause a problem, have you attempted to reboot since?
no, i am afraid to...

have you attempted to reinstall those packages?

and if push comes to shove you may have to place your hope in the Jolla Recovery system which has managed to work flawlessly for me (But not everyone)

yes, inmediately i reinstalled it. But zypper -ps shows still thr message

you could try asking in the sailfishos irc channel on freenode, but I think you should just do a backup, bite the bullet and reboot.

You are on a Jolla right?

yes... then i will wait coming back home this lunchtime... you wouldn't do a factory reset before rebooting , would you?

by the way, can you check whether you get an empty message when you do zypper ps and if you have /lib/libnss_f?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
First of all: why the hell you using zypper when system packages management is maintained by pkcon? Your *removed* files are inside /opt/alien chroot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post: