Closed Thread
Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
BTW: Nokia keeps dropping value, cash reserves and stock price. A great example of reaping what you sow. I just wish the executives would be held responsible for such gross mismanagement of a company instead of the golden parachutes they often get away with after ruining progress, economies and people.
I was always advocating that CEOs should be paid in stock, not in money. Sure, the company can provide accommodation, traveling expenses and such, and a CEO ought to easily live off of a dividend from the given stock as a salary, and a CEO would be allowed to liquidate the stock only after leaving his position. That would teach them to take far greater care of the companies they are entrusted with. Oh, yeah, that should be applicable to the BoD as well.

In this case we have a CEO that got $6M+ last year for nothing but producing loses and bringing Nokia to the ground... Wonder what his golden parachute looks like after he finishes off Nokia for good...

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Seriously. Wow. I'm waiting on him to argue that the sky isn't really blue next.
Don't know why are you so shocked? He was spewing that claptrap for more than a year now, and it always sounds the same - as utter bullcrap!

--

Back to the topic - another day, another history low for NOK stock - €1.60 after somebody got desperate enough and sold a great deal of stock in very short time. On NYSE the price is dancing on the thin razor blade line of $2, and I expect it to stay at that psychological level for the rest of the day unless somebody else panics and listen to more and more rumors of stock dropping drastically after the Q2 results and Q3 profit warnings. Next week, however, it's going bellow $2 at NYSE and bellow €1.50 at OMX for sure... Of course, the stock story of today is RIMM with their announced delay, but one would expect Nokia to at least remain neutral while one of their main competitors is falling, however - Nokia truly is that bad that even the disappearance of RIM completely wouldn't do them any good.

And, on that note, investors have ~96 more hours to join a class-action suit against NOK for deliberate defrauding of the investors regarding the Lumia line. More info @ HERE.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by specc View Post
After watching Google IO, I have serious doubts that MS will ever catch up. The Nexus 7, and then a 10, and the tablet market is all Android.
Yeah and I definitivly not like it. To many people are incredibly blinded by Google now even if that company now is so damn big and evil as Microsoft was in those days.

Hell are people totally blind to see how much we now are used by google now!?

I definitivly WANT small competitors to. Like blackberry10 and but that is also soon killed by Microsoft because they will fight as hell to get some from Google and probadly they will take some users next year thats for sure.

So in the short run there will only be three big ashole companys left that will fight until there only is one left.

And thats incredible bad for customers and even democracy

So dont be so damn blinded by Google. Its same **** as Microsoft.

Btw every damn geek on this forum should support meltemi team to start a new company. I definitivly would by that device even if its not "the coolest new hardware with Triple superduper CPU"

So ****inbg sick of this big ashole corporations that is using people and make endusers blind! And thats also one of the reasons EU is broken. We prefer buy stuff from china for lowprices as possible instead of thinking with our brains. I mean seriosuly. If prices is to low it also meas workers are not payed well. And also means EU/US sell out companys to Asia etc...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-06-29 at 17:56.

whats wrong with the keynote ?

Google is just a big company like other big companies. They are not charities and will expliot you how they can. Nothing new there.

Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post

Google is just a big company like other big companies. They are not charities and will expliot you how they can. Nothing new there.
If you replyed to my post:

First of I did not say Google keynote was wrong. I am just sick and tired how naive people are about google. Not just in this forum, not just some people here. And no not danramos(who thinks I always means HIM, wish I dont) or maybe specc (wish I replyed). No, what I mean is in general.

Just the facts that it seems there is MANY naive to think "Google is your friend" and everything coming from google is SOOOO fantastic.

I saw exaclty the same in the 90:s when windows got mainstream and killed Amiga/Atari era. Some people was so stupid they believed Microsoft was the one who gave us internet at my work as an example.

And now the new generation thinks google is sooo fantastic.

My point is I definitivbly not trust Google or ANY company. If we buys everything coming from one company we later is just as brainwatched as in northkorea or similar....

Or more like 1984.....

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-06-29 at 21:00.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Just the facts that it seems there is MANY naive to think "Google is your friend" and everything coming from google is SOOOO fantastic.
That's applicable to most any company that has a lot of followers.

My point is I definitivbly not trust Google or ANY company. If we buys everything coming from one company we later is just as brainwatched as in northkorea or similar....

Or more like 1984.....
This is also applicable to most companies.

Apple rocks!

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/29/a...-galaxy-nexus/

This is how it's done, Nokia.

Sometimes violence is necessary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67gYzLDKGfc

Both RIM and Nokia are on the slippery slope to oblivion but the response of these 2 companies could not be more stark. RIM at least acknowledges that it is in dire straits and is taking action to re-consider its business model, seek strategic partners or buyers. But Nokia is still heavily in denial. According to Elop Nokia is in the middle of transition, Lumia sales are "encouraging" and WP will save Nokia. Such horseshit is swallowed wholesale by the Board and the Chairman goes out on a limb to defend Elop. When the crunch comes RIM will be able to maximize its remaining value to shareholders while Nokia's shareholders will be left holding nothing but Elop's horseshit.

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Apple rocks!

Micronokia will do the same instead of invent and make new cool stuff they will patenttroll. Same goes for EU

Its nuts

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
So dont be so damn blinded by Google. Its same **** as Microsoft.
So, what did Google do to you, exactly? I'm curious about this hostility. Near as I can tell, Google isn't doing the same things that Microsoft did. I don't see them strong-arming partners or demanding that customers stay within their brand (if anything, they simply make you WANT to stay with their brand) and, most importantly, they're promoting open-source and openness in general. I seem to recall Microsoft would ruin partners and sue everyone to hell--I'm really not seeing that from Google. I've only felt ENABLED by Google and Android, not used. (By contrast, I've ultimately ended up feeling used and abused by Nokia after giving them my money.) So please... can you elaborate? I'm starting to wonder whether perhaps you're throwing around the 'blind' label while holding some inexplicable hostility against Google for some reason.

Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post

I'm still not sure where there's been any kind of exploitation, though.

First of I did not say Google keynote was wrong. I am just sick and tired how naive people are about google. Not just in this forum, not just some people here. And no not danramos(who thinks I always means HIM, wish I dont) or maybe specc (wish I replyed). No, what I mean is in general.
Hah! PROOF that you single me out!

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Android is the new lowend when durface products arrives.
OMIGOD! I love it! That is a GREAT name for it! The all-new Microsoft DURFACE! Elop can be its DURR-faced mascot!!

Microsoft DUR-face!

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
What is Google up to. Google. Foureyes! The new Symbian. Google is the new nokia living its peak at the moment.
That's why Microsoft has totally gotten so much love from the customers, right? How's that market share for Windows CE/Mobile/Phone/flavor-of-the-day looking again?

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Apple rocks!

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
Both RIM and Nokia are on the slippery slope to oblivion but the response of these 2 companies could not be more stark. RIM at least acknowledges that it is in dire straits and is taking action to re-consider its business model, seek strategic partners or buyers. But Nokia is still heavily in denial. According to Elop Nokia is in the middle of transition, Lumia sales are "encouraging" and WP will save Nokia. Such horseshit is swallowed wholesale by the Board and the Chairman goes out on a limb to defend Elop. When the crunch comes RIM will be able to maximize its remaining value to shareholders while Nokia's shareholders will be left holding nothing but Elop's horseshit.
Also, RIM hasn't been guilty of osbourning their own business repeatedly the way Elop did. Elop is an incredibly inept CEO and, I'll say this yet again, I have serious concerns that he might in fact be clinically rehtarded (why is that word censored? Seriously?). He probably should be getting help for that and the board of directors shouldn't keep treating him as if he's the most intelligent executive at Nokia to run this company (ironically, proving that they might be right). You wouldn't let a blind man drive a bus of passengers, why would you let Elop run your company? Unless...

Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Last edited by danramos; 2012-06-30 at 12:20.

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen