Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
ok Lehto no probs, keep up this great work.
Okay I know now how to make them, PM me and I'll hook you up with custom made kernels for your phone. If you wish to serve as a candidate that is? I'm personally interested how low the volts can be taken with 650mhz. As im currently running 750mhz step with 100% stableness with the same voltage setting that is normally used for 500mhz mode.

Originally Posted by titan View Post
was just asking because I also missed the files in the DSP bridge driver.
It may be possible that the DSP is not overclocked over 430MHz unless you change that driver too.
Yeah, I dont really know what would be the use of overclocking the DSP.

I've been wondering what the hell is that L3 rate table setting as when you edit the clock speeds from 83mhz and 166mhz to something else the device feels like somebody put bananas in its exhaust stuttering and being all unresponsive, even the cpu runs at good speeds.

EDIT: Also looked through the omap3630 tables and theres a S200M defined for the L3. What might it be?

Last edited by Lehto; 2010-04-07 at 20:35.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
I just tested and can confirm when making a call the titan-oc resets to 600mhz. A reboot is needed to get the oc back. But when receiving a call it don't.

I also noticed a jump in cpu temp when making the call then reboot right after. Normaly i am around 20 degree on 850mhz but when doing this i was at 30 degrees for a brief time.

Originally Posted by Lehto View Post
Okay I know now how to make them, PM me and I'll hook you up with custom made kernels for your phone. If you wish to serve as a candidate that is? I'm personally interested how low the volts can be taken with 650mhz. As im currently running 750mhz step with 100% stableness with the same voltage setting that is normally used for 500mhz mode.

This will be (very) different for each individual CPU.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
This will be (very) different for each individual CPU.
Yeah Im familiar with this. Just interested how much scale is there in phones and at the same time mapping how bad chip I've got.

Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
I did some tests with a kernel that has 601MHz instead 600MHz in the table of supported frequencies.
booting with 700MHz worked fine until I made a call - it switched to 600MHz ;-(

could someone with one of Lehto's kernels please report
Code:
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
make a phone call, and report the same value after the call?
thanks!

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
I just tested and can confirm when making a call the titan-oc resets to 600mhz. A reboot is needed to get the oc back. But when receiving a call it don't.

I also noticed a jump in cpu temp when making the call then reboot right after. Normaly i am around 20 degree on 850mhz but when doing this i was at 30 degrees for a brief time.
Also confirmed when making a call it takes it back down to 600.

Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
Also confirmed when making a call it takes it back down to 600.
this is really weird

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Lehto 950mhz: It reports allways 600000, Corky working at 950mhz... confused

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by titan View Post
could someone with one of Lehto's kernels please report
Code:
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
make a phone call, and report the same value after the call?
thanks!
Not running Lehto's kernel, but I think mine has the same modifications (250-750MHz).

Interestingly scaling_max_freq always shows 600MHz (from /etc/pmconfig I guess). scaling_available_frequencies still lists 750MHz though, and scaling_cur_freq seems to go to 750 like it should. Phone call does reset scaling_max_freq to 600 if I change it.

Last edited by hqh; 2010-04-07 at 21:05.

but the modified kernels don t change....so..

it really be nice to make a "power button" to turn it on and off :-)

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom