Originally Posted by PMaff View Post
Are there any free alternatives?
Mumble. Server is called Murmur.

You should think Mumble as voice-IRC. You first connect to any server and then join to some channel (or start one-to-one) and talk.

At the end of this week I will package newest Mumble for N900.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
GOD FU*KING DA*MM IT, i was just getting used to using skype

ok google talk it is then.....
will still have MSN & SKYPE until people i know use GTALK

FU*KING HATE M$

GigaOm's commentary:
However, the biggest reason for Microsoft to buy Skype is Windows Phone 7 (Mobile OS) and Nokia. The software giant needs a competitive offering to Google Voice and Apple’s emerging communication platform, Facetime.

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
What is the chance of skype getting crippled on our N900s after M$ closes the deal and makes subtle changes to it?

microsoft must ruin everything. now apple have more things to brag about their facetime.

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by blipnl View Post
What is the chance of skype getting crippled on our N900s after M$ closes the deal and makes subtle changes to it?
About the same as Skype slowing crippling the integrated Skype on the N900 by slowing incrementing the protocols in use as they've been doing so far in their attempts to enable video calling on iPhone/Android.

iPhone and Android Skype users still can't see my N900 video feed even though their clients claim to see me as video capable specifically because of behind the scenes protocols tweaks.

Likewise I've never been able to see their video feeds, but who wants to look at iPhone/Android users anyway?

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I don't know why there's such hate on Microsoft, I personally, have no problems using their software, also I'm really excited about this news because of mainly one thing.. Skype on the Xbox 360!! Now that's awesome!

Also, don't forget guys, that future Nokia phones are gonna be WP7 and if Skype is going to be integrated in future WP7 (ala Maemo) then that's a plus!

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Victoria BC Canada
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
Once M$ got Skye and changed the protocol, the value of my N900 will drop quite a bit. Same for my desktop and laptop machines
Don't worry, I'll give you a fair price for your N900.

Originally Posted by bandora View Post
I don't know why there's such hate on Microsoft, I personally, have no problems using their software, also I'm really excited about this news because of mainly one thing.. Skype on the Xbox 360!! Now that's awesome!

Also, don't forget guys, that future Nokia phones are gonna be WP7 and if Skype is going to be integrated in future WP7 (ala Maemo) then that's a plus!
o0

Wut?

Is this some kind of reverse trolling triple bluff or are you high on pain killers?

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
... and if Skype is going to be integrated in future WP7 (ala Maemo) then that's a plus!
Future Windows Phone 7 = Maemo

HUH????

Windows Phone ANYTHING != Maemo

Get it straight.