For the record, maliit keyboard packages are not compatible with the fennec 17.0a1 package from thumb2 repository.
It causes a segfault.

workaround: uninstall (genius !)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pierrem For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
A new update which will add missing system-services package and few more thumb-compiled packages will be out maybe Saturday evening.

Please, all of you who are still on 4-thumb16 to upgrade to 5.1-thumb0, as after the new release script for manual update will no longer work.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Hi,

I installed cssu thumb 5.1 and now can't connect to any internet connection. When I click the "internet connection" entry in the status menu, the status menu hides and the select internet connection dialog is not shown.

When I try to open a web page in a browser, there's no dialog and MicroB says address not found.

How can I fix it?

I had a problem a couple days ago that I had only green stripes (I'm using a green wallpaper) and nothing could be accessed. If power key pressed, there were gray stripes instead. But reboot solved the thing. Now reboot doesn't solve the thing with internet connection.

apt-get upgrade installed system-services 0.3.8-68+0cssu0 some time ago.

I'd be thankful for a fast help.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Hi,

I installed cssu thumb 5.1 and now can't connect to any internet connection. When I click the "internet connection" entry in the status menu, the status menu hides and the select internet connection dialog is not shown.

When I try to open a web page in a browser, there's no dialog and MicroB says address not found.

How can I fix it?

I had a problem a couple days ago that I had only green stripes (I'm using a green wallpaper) and nothing could be accessed. If power key pressed, there were gray stripes instead. But reboot solved the thing. Now reboot doesn't solve the thing with internet connection.

apt-get upgrade installed system-services 0.3.8-68+0cssu0 some time ago.

I'd be thankful for a fast help.
Come on, is this the way a developer reports a problem to another developer. Where are syslog, dmesg, etc.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Hi,

When I try to open a web page in a browser, there's no dialog and MicroB says address...

/snip
It seems that some packages/libraries haven't been updated. Given how many people had problems updating from 4.16 to 5.1, I'd recommend a clean reflash.

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Come on, is this the way a developer reports a problem to another developer. Where are syslog, dmesg, etc.
I'm unfortunately not familiar with these tools. I'm still learning. If I knew how to debug this one, as the only way to show up the dialog manually is dbus-send. And this can't be used for debugging.

While trying to enable icd2 log I found this out: icd2 is not running. If I manually start icd2 as root as daemon (or with upstart) and disable & enable internet via wifi switcher. then it works. But it doesn't persist after reboot.

EDIT: I tried reinstalling icd2 or chmod +x /etc/event.d/icd2 but no success

Any idea how to fix it w/o reflash?

Thanks

Last edited by marmistrz; 2012-09-21 at 17:12.

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
does wlancond job start?
is "/usr/sbin/waitdbus system" working right?
you can add some "echo"s to the icd2 (and wlancond or even some other) upstart script to log what is going on since root and emmc should be already mounted.

The Following User Says Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 412b View Post
does wlancond job start?
is "/usr/sbin/waitdbus system" working right?
you can add some "echo"s to the icd2 (and wlancond or even some other) upstart script to log what is going on since root and emmc should be already mounted.
The line

Code:
start on started hildon-desktop
is somehow commented out. I'll reenable it, and check whether it does the trick.

One thing makes me wonder: what's changed the file?!

The line

Code:
start on started hildon-desktop
is somehow commented out. I'll reenable it, and check whether it does the trick.

One thing makes me wonder: what's changed the file?!
wifi-switcher? auto-disconnect?

Community SSU developer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
A new update which will add missing system-services package and few more thumb-compiled packages will be out maybe Saturday evening.

Please, all of you who are still on 4-thumb16 to upgrade to 5.1-thumb0, as after the new release script for manual update will no longer work.
Do you mean 4-thumb16 guys should update to 5.1-thumb0 before new update is released? I was thinking of skipping 5.1-thumb0 so that I don't have to run those scripts (thinking that new update will fix and I don't have to run scripts).

Edit: Just updated. Unfortunately final lines in terminal says:
Code:
No changes to hildon menu.
dpkg: failed to write status record about 'tracker-cfg' to '/var/lib/dpkg/status': No space left on device
E:Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
The CSSU applet does says I am in 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo5.1+thumb0, but just wondering if my update has been successful and complete.

Last edited by Joseph9560; 2012-09-22 at 01:43.

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life