Posts: 139 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cambridgeshire, UK
Originally Posted by Dario1970 View Post
In Italy no carrier sell it. No advertisement. No sale at electronic mass retailers in big cities like Rome or Milan also. We can find it sometimes at Nokia point.
Basically it hasn't been really here in the UK, it's almost as if Nokia don't want people to buy it...

Since it was "available" in early December I've seen one poster on a tube station wall in London and that's it.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ bournemouth
Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
Being pushed quite hard in the UK by Carphone Warehouse:

Photo of course taken with the Nokia N900.

YESSSS! I work for CPW, and the whole company is really pushing all Nokia's this month, which is fantastic as we usually advertise the back log of cheap LG and Sony Ericsson phones that no one wants and the iPhone, our intranet has a lot of N900 related news and guides.

Plus, although I think its our Nokia rep as opossed to the company, all managers in our county are getting N900 'training'.

So it sounds like the UK is the only place to see the N900 being really pushed and advertised, and what do we get in return for our superior product placements and buying habits??

FRAKING left out of the latest update lol

Those no USA comments are a lie, as Ive seen billboards in both NYC (brooklyn area) and Boston, next time I see them Ill try and take a picture.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psymastr For This Useful Post:
Since I first played with a N900 in Helsinki, mid October 09, I haven't seen one. I've been to France, Germany, Belgium and the Czech Republic in that time. Haven't seen one advertised in a store front, and in France, SFR, Orange and Wanadoo don't stock it.

Originally Posted by starman View Post
So it sounds like the UK is the only place to see the N900 being really pushed and advertised, and what do we get in return for our superior product placements and buying habits??

Nokia wants to punish you. How did you dare to buy N900?

in the netherlands they have a contest to win one before adn during a popular tv show. (1million vieuwer, population of the country is 17million)
providers don't seem to like the n900, most providers don't allow the use of skype, so they probably aren't that happy about the n900.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by starman View Post
YESSSS! I work for CPW, and the whole company is really pushing all Nokia's this month, which is fantastic as we usually advertise the back log of cheap LG and Sony Ericsson phones that no one wants and the iPhone, our intranet has a lot of N900 related news and guides.

Plus, although I think its our Nokia rep as opossed to the company, all managers in our county are getting N900 'training'.

I was going to thank your post for highlighting the injustice, but there is no "thanks!" button there

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade, Serbia
No advertisement in Serbia at all. Hardly anyone even knows about it.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London UK
Originally Posted by pspbricker View Post
Since I first played with a N900 in Helsinki, mid October 09, I haven't seen one. I've been to France, Germany, Belgium and the Czech Republic in that time. Haven't seen one advertised in a store front, and in France, SFR, Orange and Wanadoo don't stock it.
McDonalds is branching out.

Originally Posted by Psymastr View Post
Those no USA comments are a lie, as Ive seen billboards in both NYC (brooklyn area) and Boston, next time I see them Ill try and take a picture.
I've only seen some website banner ads in the US, but mainly on the sites that are selling them....newegg.com, expansys-usa.com. Possibly on tech review sites, such as engadget.com or gizmondo.com.