Notices

Originally Posted by c0rt3x View Post
Here are some raw spec numbers that I've in my head right now, which might vary slightly in the reality:

OMAP3430/N900 GPU: PowerVR SGX 530 14 MPolys/s (clocked @ 14 MPolys/s)
Iphone 3GS/Itouch 3G* GPU: PowerVR SGX 535 28 MPolys/s (clocked @ 7 MPolys/s)
OMAP2420/N95 GPU: PowerVR MBX lite 1 MPolys/s (clocked @ 1 MPolys/s)
Iphone 3G/Itouch 2G GPU: PowerVR MBX lite 1 MPolys/s (clocked @ 1 MPolys/s)

*Does not include the Itouch 3G 8GB, which has the same hardware as the Itouch 2G 8GB.
OMAP 2420 uses PowerVR MBX, not the lite version.

...is there a reliable source regarding the "fact" that the 3GS GPU is underclocked to only 7MPolys/s ?

Originally Posted by agatkao View Post
...is there a reliable source regarding the "fact" that the 3GS GPU is underclocked to only 7MPolys/s ?
"A quick look at 3GS benchmarks suggests the 3GS is doing 2x-4x the performance of the 3G on 3D benchmarks. That's more along the lines of what you'd expect out of the SGX520... or it's an indication the bottleneck lies elsewhere... which would make the SGX535 pointless, anyway. Another benchmark (by Laszlo Kishonti) got 5.2 million triangles per second... which suggests either an SGX520 at 200MHz or an SGX530 at 100MHz. Hmmmm..."

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-550mhz-3.html

The Following User Says Thank You to c0rt3x For This Useful Post:
Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
To answer the original question: We have Angry Birds

Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Was there a speciifc app that you were thinking of, that you would really like? Might give the devs some focus.
The only one I want is At bat ,I have a mlbtv subscription but can not watch live any game

Honestly, while I do love my N900, but showing bounce3d,openarena and a couple of other games as an example of supremacy N900 over Iphone kinda stupid- Iphone has tons of 3d games (Doom Resurrection, resident evil etc), useful apps (for banking, ebay, zagat etc). N900 - I really doubt that Chase bank will develop and app for it, along with Ebay and other companies, that actually are really helpful, when u have nothing but phone around u. N900 will be abandoned by developers within a year or two. Even now, how many Real Developers do you know who make apps for the phone? Most of the apps in repos, are made by enthusiasts, who do them in evening after work, or weekends.
Still love my N900- I can turn off my TV from it now- woot!

Tags
app quality, application, application quality, applications, fremantle, iphone quality, maemo, maemo 5, quality