Active Topics

I have connected my new n900 to my PC (WinXP, SP2) via PC Suite with the official nokia cable. Instructions to connect to the internet (on my PC, using the n900 as a "modem") are to click on "Connect to the Internet" in PC Suite.

When I do this, I receive the message "No modem found!" and "Make sure you have installed Nokia Connectivity Cable driver software". All support articles advise that this particular driver software is already part of the newest versions of PC Suite though. Also, there is no option to "Select a Modem" and the Configure clickthru is not accessible.

I have gone into Device Manager on my PC, and tried to update Driver under "Nokia USB Modem"....it states that the "Drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28." Searching for driver and reinstalling driver produce the message "Windows was unable to install the modem" and then "An error occured during the installation of this device, A service installation in this section INF is invalid".

any suggestions what to do? (tethering my old n95 works using bluetooth

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Bluetooth tethering seems to be in extras as app
http://maemo.org/packages/view/bluetooth-dun/

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Do this,
Install the damn Modem app from the Extra on to your device and try again.

For what I heard is the modem through USB need some sort of driver.

What PC suite are you installing? I suggest install OVI suite 2.2 instead.

I already had the bluetooth package from extra installed, but it doesn't seem to help. I use pc suite 7.1.40.6. will try with ovi 2.2 now

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Do this,
Install the damn Modem app from the Extra on to your device and try again.

For what I heard is the modem through USB need some sort of driver.

What PC suite are you installing? I suggest install OVI suite 2.2 instead.
it seems ovi isn't compatible with the n900. or atleast that is what nokia tells me.

hmm SP2? I do not know if it helps but at least for example FW flasher for n900 on windows needs at least SP3

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by RDJEHV View Post
it seems ovi isn't compatible with the n900. or atleast that is what nokia tells me.
I think the latest version does. I got a beta invitation to try the new OVi for N900 lol.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
hmm SP2? I do not know if it helps but at least for example FW flasher for n900 on windows needs at least SP3
silly mistake of me, I'm actually running sp3. I unistalled every bit of nokia from my PC, ran pc suite cleaner, rebooted, installed pc suite again and the problem of the faulty driver still exist. Where can I find a working one?

I´m sorry i do not know how it works. I have avoided it like plague since the early days and looks like that there is some problems still around it.

Some little things what i would look
- Connect only directly to desktop usb
- Try to minimize other sb devices
- Installed usb devices can be unhidden and uninstalled with device manager (i do not remember exactly but some setting from top menu in device manager)

Last edited by slender; 2010-06-02 at 22:12.

The phone gets recognised in mass storage mode, in pc suite mode I can read the contacts and the calendar. So the usb port on my desktop works, After connecting the phone it goes about istallign a lot of driver in the bottom right balloon. When it arrives at the n900 USB modem it keeps giving a error.