Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Although Nokia could have done a better job with supporting the N900, a lot of my complaints are related to 'early adopter' issues, that I could have had with any manufacturer. This is the first time I've bought a top-of-the-line 'smartphone' with a new operating system.

Ive been tolerating the N900s downfalls so far, the lack of google maps sucks, and built in email freaking stinks. But it does so much, and ive never had a 'phone' behave like such a computer. I am really looking forward to the N9...

If Nokia has no plan to do some improvement, I think the same topic may be posted again and again.....

Nokia has already lost a lot of market share in mobile phone, if they don't learn from this lesson then more and more people will say good bye to Nokia....

Last edited by cmsjkung; 2010-07-28 at 15:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to cmsjkung For This Useful Post:
Unlikely I will for my main carry everywhere Phone, Nokias Phones at present are not apealing to me and I dont see anything in the pipeline which makes me think that will do me from Nokia.
But if I have the money or a good deal I might get one as a tablet which I can use out and about as a spare phone. yeah why not.

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by optimistprime View Post
yes, i must say that i will be picking up Nokia's Meego phone. Even though i will be keeping the N900 too. I sum up my relationship with nokia like this...It's kinda like being molested by your friends hot mom. You know its the wrong thing to do, but she does so many things well
LOL hehehe

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
I am not sure I have ever seen a cellphone device lose so much value so quickly.
Missed the Motorola RAZR-ROKR-KRZR debacle, eh?

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
All I know is the Motorola RAZR was iconic, something to be proud of.

I don't know much about the ROKR and KRZR but I am assuming that's because they flopped!

Posts: 312 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ dubai
i dont care about meego, my next device is either android or iphone

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
All I know is the Motorola RAZR was iconic, something to be proud of.

I don't know much about the ROKR and KRZR but I am assuming that's because they flopped!
Moto RAZR had horrible hinge failure rates and a crappy UI. I wouldn't be proud of either.

Anyway poor planning on Moto's part coupled with unrealistic market assumptions had them discounting models to the point that the company almost tanked. Big flop for sure.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
The RAZR itself was a huge success though, you have to admit that. I do know it had hinge problems and my freinds had easily damaged screens but it was so vogue at the time.

Over the RAZR's four-year run, Motorola sold more than 110 million units, boosting its position to second place in the handheld market behind Nokia. PC World put the RAZR at #12 in The 50 Greatest Gadgets of the Past 50 Years.
The RAZR was said to be the "iPod" of mobile phones until its sales were itself overtaken by the iPhone 3G

Last edited by imperiallight; 2010-07-28 at 15:43.

Banned | Posts: 206 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vancouver
Not a chance. Why would I spend money on a Nokia when I could get an HTC that will be supported? Hell even MOTOROLA is upgrading their devices. Something is topsy turvy with the universe when I seriously consider purchasing a Moto over a Nokia. The old days of "buy a new phone for os upgrades" is over and Nokia will need to proove that they can commit to their devices before I will consider purchasing another one. If the N900+1 and +2 go well I might consider the N900+3, but my next device or two are almost definitely going to be HTC.

Tags
nokiaisrelevant, noreally!