Active Topics

Got it at last.

Blimey I got it. It's a riddle to me how they managed to sneak to the door and leave the red notification card without having been seen or heard by anyone..anyway, I just picked up the holy grail from the post office. Haven't switched it on yet since I'm at work but it does charge alright. it's a bit heavier than I thought and the feel of the keyboard sliding is not as
up-market as I would have wished it to be...but altogether it looks very promising. I hope it's not a red herring.

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Edinburgh
You managed to get it from the PO same day?? Man I'm jealous! If I have to wait til Monday I think I might cry!

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by dmcconachie View Post
You managed to get it from the PO same day?? Man I'm jealous! If I have to wait til Monday I think I might cry!
Most Post offices will have it the same day - all it needs is for the guy to get back and unload, so normally by 2/3pm will suffice - they leave 48 hours on the card incase something goes wrong

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Richmond, UK
Got it today and playing with it after charging it.

Any idea how to exit the blank screensaver without opening the physical keyboard? Tapping the screen does not seem to exit the screensaver.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by ddracopo View Post
Got it today and playing with it after charging it.

Any idea how to exit the blank screensaver without opening the physical keyboard? Tapping the screen does not seem to exit the screensaver.
Sliding lock on the right hand side

edit - power button i think brings up the slide unlock
edit edit - tested, yes it does!

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Richmond, UK
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Sliding lock on the right hand side

edit - power button i think brings up the slide unlock
edit edit - tested, yes it does!

Cool, so far so good but just started with it so have to test a few things gradually..

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Edinburgh
Most Post offices will have it the same day - all it needs is for the guy to get back and unload, so normally by 2/3pm will suffice - they leave 48 hours on the card incase something goes wrong
My delivery office closes at midday! Vans return, as you say, after 2pm so no go!

Originally Posted by Bomer View Post
Just ordered mine today at around 1pm. Looking at this thread though, I am not hopeful of receiving it anytime soon, even though the site says next day delivery, it also says upto 5 days on the n900 page. Oh well, atleast I have it ordered now.

More frustrating having it ordered though.
I ordered Monday, just now it says it has shipped

4)The only jitter is multitasking between open movies, can be a few seconds, the rest is almost instant
How do you do that? So far I havent figured out how to minimise opened movie as they do in all the youtube videos?