Posts: 131 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spain
I'm happy because I could install QT and keepassx_0.2.2-3osso in a N800 BUT I can see there is a later (v0.4.1) version for maemo 5.

I think people should port apps to maemo supporting the max of devices, and i'm sure keepassX doesn't need the latest OS or hardware. In fact I would like to have java working to use the light weight keepass for j2me

Note: v0.2.2 doesn't add a link/icon to apps menu, you must execute from CLI(command line) /usr/sbin/ and it opens the graphical app.

Last edited by daperezg; 2009-12-30 at 15:02. Reason: add data

Hi,
I also would be very interested in KeePassX-0.4.1 for OS2008/Diablo for my N810, since I could use my database from KeePass 1.7 (Windows), hope so at least!

Unfortunately I'm neither familiar with linux nor compiling source-code.

I succeeded in installing QT4.1 to my N810, but I dont know how to compile the source-code for KeyPassX to binaries on the N810.
Could anyone give me some instructions, please?

Or:
Installation via maemo.org/download/OS2008 also would be greatly appreciated (not only from me, I think)!

willi

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Originally Posted by willibi View Post
Hi,
I also would be very interested in KeePassX-0.4.1 for OS2008/Diablo for my N810, since I could use my database from KeePass 1.7 (Windows), hope so at least!

Unfortunately I'm neither familiar with linux nor compiling source-code.

I succeeded in installing QT4.1 to my N810, but I dont know how to compile the source-code for KeyPassX to binaries on the N810.
Could anyone give me some instructions, please?

Or:
Installation via maemo.org/download/OS2008 also would be greatly appreciated (not only from me, I think)!

willi
I hate making me too posts, but I would indeed be interested in keepassx. I have it running on all of my other Linux boxes.

Unfortunately, I have had zero luck porting apps from Debian to Maemo...I'm still trying to figure out where I went wrong in trying to port the Debian arm version of angband using Maemo scratchbox on an ubuntu box...

--vr

I think the problem is the requirements of keepassX for linux, maybe the best solution will be the release of a newer QT version for maemo diablo.

Minimum requirements for KeePassX v0.3.1 and higher:
Build Dependencies
* Qt library >= 4.3
(required modules: QtCore, QtGui, QtXml)
* libXtst
Application bundle
* X11 with XRandR, Xinerama and XTest extentions
* GLibC 2.4

Now I am using other alternative, I am using keepassX on my N8x0 running over Easydebian, it is easy to install with "apt-get" command (or the graphic tool).

And to execute you don't need to execute the debian desktop, you can execute from Maemo terminal with the command:

#debbie keepassx